My wife and I spent 14 nights at this resort from 10th - 24th March, 2009. We have visited Koh Samui on two previous occasions although this was our first stay at the Centara Grand. We simply could not fault this resort in any way. It is in an ideal location on Chaweng Beach with all the nightlife of Chaweng on your doorstep although the resort is not affected by noise.Check-in was effortless and entailed taking a seat in the lobby area with a cool drink while the receptionist did the leg work with the registration process. She then accompanied us to the room to explain the various features of the room and the resort. All very professional.The hotel sits in some 11 acres of landscaped gardens which border onto the beach itself and is ideal for swimming in the clear warm water. The beach is 100% sand. Although there are various beautifully laid out pools and a jacuzzi in the grounds of the resort, we opted for the beach every time where there are hotel loungers with willing staff to put up umbrellas for you. There are various outlets within the hotel for eating with themed nights throughout the week. The buffet breakfast at the Palm Grove Restaurant is truly excellent and caters for every taste. Like any hotel, the cost of eating in the hotel is substantially more expensive than eating outside. Should you choose to eat outside there are simply dozens and dozens of reataurants within a few minutes walk although one word of caution here. My wife and I tried the "Pisces 99" Seafood restaurant immediately opposite the hotel which was a complete disaster. After placing our order, we sat for one and a half hours waiting for our food and just gave up by paying for the drink and cancelling the order. There were other customers there who were obviously upset with the service and the meal itself in one case. There is a high level of security around the hotel which is reassuring and this includes the beach frontage where they keep a keen watch on the occupied loungers and will quickly move on anyone who sits on one and is obviously not a resident.All the staff are extremely helpful and courteous and the level of service is truly 5-star and we have no hesitation in recommending this beautiful resort both for its in-house services/ facilities and its ideal location on Koh Samui's best beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located along Chaweng, Koh Samui’s finest beach. Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui offers first class Thai hospitality. Enjoy the exceptional facilities of this award winning deluxe resort which combines the spirit and culture of the island with a tranquil ambiance and sheer beauty. A choice destination for lovers of water sports in particular and everyone in general. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Travelbag, Fastbooking and LateRooms so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng