Well I have looked up EVERY HOTEL AND VILLA on Koh Samui, and in the end I selected this one. I was very happy with the choice I made. We stayed there for 2 full weeks, it was great. We were on the 3rd level ROOM 838, it had the best view of the hotel (it is a walk from the main lobby but worth is, is also closer to the pool) it has such a georgeous view..picture perfect. The house keeping were great, extra towles not a problem. The house keeping do not understand english, but you just point to the towles and they get it. You will notice that most of the hotels on koh samui have bad masioery work, our shower leaked all over the floor, we just got extra towles, no biggie..Friends were staying and the "Samui Paradise" down the road and our hotel was the same price (actually ($15) cheaper was far far better. We said were on honeymoon, and they made us a special cake and made swan towles on the bed with rose petals..all for free!, our room included " the club" which had some great extras..happy hour in the island bar was great, half price everything, they have standard AUD prices for drinks and food, the buffets and dining are expensive for koh samui, The Centara is in the best position, and the beach service is great, the beach has restrictions on it so the people selling sarong and whatever..are not alowed up on the beach where you are..I looked down the beach toward Monkey bay Beach Bar and the were harrasing people on the beach. Oh the pool is fantastic and has a little baby pool (not that we have kids, but it was good to see) Breakfast is GREAT!!!. Crossiant - danish - 4 differnt breads - all the hot foods and fruits you would expect..and they have a asian buffet of noodles as well...was a great start to the day, we only had to get dinner.
WORD OF WARNING - the stay and all the facilities were fantastic.
ON CHECKOUT - make the effort to go over the road and get the money you ow them out of the atm (there is one accross the road) the hotels exchange rate is BAD.
buy walking over the road we saved $400!!!!!! ALSO do not take the slippers - we wore the same slipper for 2 weeks..I packed them not really thinking about it, and they tried to charge me for it 500 baht for 2 pairs of really bad slippers,,,I got them out of the suitcase and give them back. There were also a few wrong order for the room service...but nothing big. Dont get me wrong we have a fantastic stay and would stay there again, just watch what is billed to you room and be assertive on check out - AND DONT MAKE INTERNATIONAL PHONE CALLS THEY COST A FORTUME!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng