My husband and I stayed here for 10 nights half board for our honeymoon and couldn't have picked a more perfect place. From the private transfer from the airport on arrival, to the superb quality food, welcoming and helpful staff to the 5* room, we couldn't fault anything. We upgraded our room to one with a private pool (highly recommended) and were able to relax and enjoy ourselves by the pool, on the gorgeous white sandy beach which was a 1 minute walk away or on the various trips independantly booked from the hotel. Food and drink was more expensive than the restaurants and bars in the main street but what do expect if you go to a 5* hotel? The shops and bars were close enough to go out at night and experience the island although Chawang town itself was very commercialised and the numerous tailor's would do anything to make you stop and talk to them (pretend you are Polish/Eastern European if you don't want to keep stopping as they don't know what to say to that).
Back to the hotel though and we would highly recommend the hotel for couples as there was lots to do if you wanted it but if not the pool, jacuzzi, beach and local massage facilities could keep you going. There are facilities for kids but it did seem more orientated towards couples. The island is pretty small and with the various trips we did to see it, we would try somewhere else in Thailand but would certainly stay at the chain again as it was amazing.
If you go, we hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Ebookers, Travelbag, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng