Muang Samui Spa Resort
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$81
Agoda.com
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$158
Agoda.com
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$78
Mercure
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$435
US$283
The Library(Chaweng)
US$567
US$520
US$64
US$60
Hotels.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$257
Agoda.com
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$364
US$115
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$178
Hotels.com
New Star Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$632
US$230
Agoda.com
All reviewsroyal suitechaweng beachgarden viewamazing hotelrain showerour honeymoonrooms are largebreakfast buffetday bedclean beachbeautiful roomlow tidedinner on the beachthai stylenice poolrestaurants and shopsdeck chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great hotel, spent 5 days here, great service and food, beach was beautiful, interesting when you pull in the front you don't realize how nice the hotel is because the busy, chaos of the town is on one side while the beach is on the other. Didn't find much that I wanted to do in this town other than spend time in the resort. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TitaTootie
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I bet this was a stunning hotel when it opened. Just needs some money spent on it to get it back there. The actual hotel isn't bad but...

Bath was disgusting. Shower head was disgusting. We had an early flight so asked for a wake up call at 4am and headed to bed at 10pm. We were woken at 11:35pm by the front desk asking if we still required a wake up call. I was fuming. Wake up call them came at 3:45am, which wouldn't have been too bad if we hadn't been woken earlier!

Food was nice but not as advertised in the menu. Not bad for the price but it's looking tired.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Everything in this hotel is great, the location, the room, the breakfast except one thing: the staff. They were not so attentive to our request. We called several times asking the reception to send some on to pick up our luggage. The hotel didn't allow people who are not in charge to drive the cart. (Some of us end up dragging the luggage by ourselves to the reception.)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dandelion007
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was in Samui for 3 days of rest and relaxation after a meeting in Bangkok and stayed at Muang Samui. I rated the stay "very good" based on the location, service, and value.

The good: Beachfront location that was walking distance from shops, restaurants, and party-scene establishments that line Chaweng Beach Road. Yet, the resort is incredibly quiet and peaceful because of the layout and extensive landscaping. Large room in a rustic chic motif with comfortable beds, a nice pool, and a very good buffet breakfast. The service was also excellent. Check-in was fast and efficient; the staff kept my luggage in the office on the day I checked out while I went on a snorkeling tour and provided transport back to the airport for an evening flight for a modest fee.

The bad: There was only one thing that I found really bad, and it was truly horrible: the exercise room. It is a small room on the second level of the pool restroom facilities and thus had a good view of the pool. The problem is that the equipment was dilapidated junk. Three pieces of motion equipment (treadmill, elliptical, and bicycle) that were so bad I would not use them for safety concerns. There is a rack of dumbells up to 50 lbs (rusting) and a single adjustable bench that I was afraid was going to fall apart while I was using it, thus injuring me. No gym wipes and poor cleaning of the small run down space. I guess most people don't go to Samui to work out, but I am a fitness lifestyle person and would have had to find a decent gym had I stayed longer. The exercise room should be padlocked and not used until/unless it is renovated and new equipment installed. That was the worse symptom of a general observation about Muang Samui- it is beginning to look slightly run down overall from deferred maintenance and there is no way I could give the resort an "excellent" rating based on this. The cushions on the beach chairs need to be replaced as did the jetted tub and shower fixtures in my room. Maintaining beachfront property to high standards is not easy, but Muang Samui is due for some renovations soon.

But I return to end my review on a positive note. I enjoyed my stay at Muang Samui. The location, excellent and friendly service, and interesting design to the resort all made it a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Gary K
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 6 nights at the Muang Samui Spa Resort. This is a very nice hotel with a beautiful pool, a very large room and bathroom. The breakfast buffet was also nice with many options of breads, cooked breakfast and fruits. The location is good because we could walk everywhere. The beach is nice but you can't swim because the water is only knee deep and there are a lot of seaweeds.

The staff is very friendly but needs to improve a bit their English skills because sometimes it was difficult to communicate with some of them. They could also get more information about the excursions which they display at the lobby. We wanted to book a tour around the island and, although we found the pamphlet inside of the hotel information binder, the receptionists didn't have any information about it.

Overall we had a good time in Samui and at the Muang Samui Spa Resort however, we would not return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple