We had booked a beach front bungalow through the reception of our previous hotel. When we got to First Bungalow, the woman on reception was rude to us, curtly telling us that they had no booking. When we asked to book a room, she showed us a card with prices which were MUCH higher than any we could find on the internet.
We went to the internet cafe, 100 yards away and booked a beach front bungalow at more than a third of the price the receptionist tried to get us to pay.
When we were shown our "beach front" bungalow, it did not face the beach and had a huge tree right in front of it blocking out any view or light. We went back to reception to say that we were not happy and the woman became very aggressive - shouting loudly and slamming things down on the desk. We said that we would take another room and, muttering under her breath, she threw a key onto the side.
We ended up in a beach front room (not a villa as in the pictures) - in a little terrace of rooms facing the sea. It was right at the end of the beach, dark and slightly dingy.
Each day brought a new cockroach to our room.
There was complimentary tea, coffee and water although we had to hunt down the kettle.
The beach bar serves lovely large salads.
Monkey Bar - a beach bar run by a fun loving Thai guy and his wife, is worth visiting at night. The owner dressed us up, painted us in day glo and had us dancing round. We had loads of fun here. It's not so great if you don't like Bob Marley as this was all that he played - on repeat!
Breakfast is buffet style, but they cook meat in the same frying pans as the eggs so not good if you are vegetarian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflects from the name itself, the first bungalow type accommodation in Koh Samui and represents the true sense of homely Thai hospitality serve every guests by the owner's family who are always eager to serve you better. it can be seen today with the unique blend of the same old simple, traditional and personalized hospitality of the owner, and all the modern amenities one can dream of in an exotic far-flung island hideout like Chaweng Beach. The style of Individual bungalow is completely "Thai style Architect", just located on white sandy beach among the coconut trees and tropical gardens. Few bungalows and buildings are equally providing an exciting accommodation choice for a memorable travel menu. Our resort has created a golden memory of "Value for Price" and "First Choice", for accommodation from more than 40 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your First Bungalow Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- First Bungalow Beach Resort Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- 1st Bungalow Beach Resort Samui
- First Hotel Beach Samui
- First Bungalow Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng