All reviewsprivate beachmain buildingchaweng beachan average hotelrecommend this hotelnice poolbars and restaurantsmotorbike
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I read through a number of reviews before booking the hotel, so my expectations were very low. Having said that, my requirements were quick access to an amazing beach, clean sheets, good air con and running water in a clean shower. This hotel met all of these needs and as such, I had a pleasant stay.

Is the food great? No. But given you can buy a delicious coconut shake outside at the nearby fruit stand for 60 baht and amazing roti pancakes (also downstairs) for 40 baht - who cares?

Is the pool amazing? No. But you are a 2 minute walk from Chaweng Noi - one of the best beaches on Koh Samui! Why swim in a pool?

Does it have amazing customer service? It depends. We made friends with the staff, attempted to speak Thai and they were both friendly and helpful (particularly the cleaning staff who always looked after us).

Is the hotel and room dated and in need of a refurbishment? Yes of course it is, but we paid $52 (AUD) for a deluxe room with two huge beds (one very big double and a big single) with a balcony overlooking the pool and glimpses of the ocean and palm trees. We wouldn't even be able to stay in an Australian hostel for that money.

If like me, you prefer what is outside the room/hotel rather than what's in it, if you want a quick (2 minute) access to a stunning beach and you prefer more casual cheap accommodation (so you can spend your money on the stunning restaurants, bars and shops that Koh Samui has to offer) then go ahead and book this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room, which is in front 'ship' building and closer to the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Emily P
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The standard room I was shown was not even in the main building of the hotel and the photos they provide look nothing like the actual rooms which are very dated and disgusting. Toilet seat and shower were very stained and dirty. Telephone does not work. Shown other rooms that were equally as bad and told had to pay a lot more for room that was only slightly better.

The worst part are the very rude staff, refused refund and to speak to a manager. Lies after lies then completely ignored.

I have never left a bad review but I want to save other people from the nightmare mistake of booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnKay84
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Website standard rooms are miss leading . They wernt even on the premises of the main resort building.

The room facilities for example the air conditioning have never been serviced and rattle like lawn mowers . Lights were flickering . We were 3 storeys high with no lift shaft and could touch the main power lines from our balcony. After asking for an upgrade there were none available so we tried to move rooms incase it was just our aircon . But the next room did the same .

The staff were rude and swore in Thai at me . The reception were unhelpful with poor/if any English. Food was poor

We were so disappointed that we went out of our way to book new accommodation. Would not recommend nor stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CallumR182
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Rooms are dated, old fungal curtains, tiny bathroom, no safe, and the reception staff were not friendly, they simply forced a smile when they were talking to you and then you got the cold shoulder a second later lol. Chaweng beach was just across the road, water is clear and warm. Quiet.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I have staying in this hotel twise. In 2015 and 2017 years.
Hotel introducing rooms in two different buildings and in two comfort level.
In main building (ship-view) comfort level is better. But, on my mind, irregardless from room comfort, real reason for staing in this hotel - is a admirable beach. Beach is clear, silent, sandy. Sea is warm and blue, possible for dip and swimming irregardless by tide period. In the sea at the shore is located special limited area where living many different painted little fishes.

Room Tip: The rooms in main building is a good size, clear, equipped balkonys, and all rooms is a poolview.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family