We spent 5 nights here; the hotel was suggested by a taxi driver coming from the ferry. We've see 3 hotels and chose this one. Overall, the experience was not bad, but there is a lot to improve.
- good location: next to the beach, not far from night life and restaurants/pubs
- nice garden & pool; very cosy
- the beach is pleasant, clean, watter not deep.
- cleaning staff was kind; one of reception staff was also nice
- rooms are clean; the view from a room with seaview is just great. The bed was good.
- room rate is ok.
- wifi available everywhere included in the room rate
- furniture in the rooms is old and not enough space to store our clothes
- the reception and restaurant look old also - need refurbishment and some painting
- restaurant staff not kind - there was a guy serving breakfast not smiling at all, we always felt we were disturbing him, no customer care at all (same for one reception staff)
- breakfast included in the room rate is bad - every day omelette with ham or bacon, butter & jam, coffee and orange juice - after two days, I had enough of omelette; they could change a bit the menu.
- we could get just 1 towel per day for the swimming pool
- the towels in the room didn't seem too clean - they were changed every day, but they look used and having stains (the same with the bedsheets).
- the air con in the rooms is very noisy, hard to sleep.
Overall it was not bad and we had a nice time, but lower the expectations when getting there. They could improve a lot as they have a great location and beautiful garden -see picture.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Island Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel Ko Samui/Chaweng