This would have to be the best holiday we have had in Koh Samui !
From the moment we were picked up from the Airport by Tony, everything flowed so smoothly.
A quick comfortable trip to the resort, to be greeted by the wonderful reception staff with a refreshing towel and drink. This was a trip to help celebrate our daughters 21st birthday. One that I am sure she will remember for a long time to come ! Upon entering our rooms we were greeted with a beautiful welcome treat. I do not want to spoil the surprise for future guests, but it was so lovely.
Normally we stayed down the other end of Chaweng Beach, but will not do so again. Buri Rasa is definitely the place to be. It is still close enough to everything you need without being in the centre of it. We had booked two rooms, a family suite for myself, husband and younger daughter and a deluxe garden court room with dip pool for our elder daughter and her fiance'. The rooms and amenities were first class. Spotlessly clean. The staff are the friendliest, happiest people who greet you with a huge smile. The day spa in the resort is also great. They have daily specials which was 2 for the price of 1 on any of the treatments while we were there. My daughter and I had a massage and my therapist could not stop apologising for the work that was being done on a resort next door causing noise. Honestly, I had already tuned out to it because I was so relaxed by the atmosphere in the spa. Daily happy hour at the beach bar is great and the staff there are so happy. We loved chatting and joking with them - Eed, Pong, Tick, Chart, Ao, to name but a few. Breakfast at the resort is also fantastic. It is not like the larger resorts where absolutely everything is laid out for you to pick from and where little fingers may have wandered over. They have the fruits, youghurt, juices, cereals, toasts and pastries as well as the Thai breakfast of the day laid out, but when it comes to your eggs, bacon, pancakes etc they take your order and cook it the way you like it. Guaranteed freshness. You know that the food has not been sitting in its own fattiness for any period of time, which is fabulous. On Thursday night they had a Buffet night with live music in the garden. Set beside the beach and pool, it was the prettiest sight to see. Once again the food was fantastic and cooked fresh from the BBQ. Some of the special treats of the resort just amazed us, from being served fresh cooked spring rolls whilst laying in the sun, to a pillow selection menu (catering to your every comfort, whether it be soft, medium, hard, full body pillow or latex) they had it all. The biggest surprise of all occurred every night when the staff turned down the bed and left a little sweet treat with a personalised note wishing sweet dreams. Never before have we encountered this much incredible service, Buri Rasa just go above and beyond all expectations. Buri Rasa cater for everyone, from the honeymooners to families with young children, all are welcome and well catered for. I could go on for ever about how good this resort was, but I think this basically encapsulates the best of it. We can not wait to return. The biggest let down was having to leave our friends that we had made at Buri Rasa. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to the team at Buri Rasa, you are all very precious gems and we treasure you. We hope to see you again real soon.
Colin, Leanne, Claire, Vanessa & Anthony xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng