This is our first time in the Thai islands and as a family we didn't know what to expect in terms of choosing the right location.
After talking with friends and reading a lot we decided to stay in the main beaches of the islands we will visit.
In Koh Samui we chose the Chaweng area... Which turned to be a sub optimal choice for us.
Very crowded, very noisy, smells all over the place and... Not much activities for the small kids (ages 2 and 4) and not a good infrastructure to walk around by foot.
The hotel itself is AMAZING - great, big and clean rooms, great service, super friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast. We got a re upgrade to the family suite room which was really awesome. We were so happy to get back to the ron every evening and find the daily surprise treatment they left us on the bed...
But for us- we lacked the infra' for kids (eg - no kids pool, very small pool with not much space and shallow water area for kids to run and play, ...)
Two other issues we had although I believe that these are somehow temporal and bad luck we had: (1) right next to the village there are construction works to build a mall or something like that. Our room (room #3) was just in front of it so we had some noise in the morning. Wasn't too bad and we even didn't complain about it since we were so happy with the room. I am sure that if we have raised it - they would move us to a better room.
(2) the waves and currents in the beach on which the village is located we're so strong that no one could actually get into the water. They told us it happens once in a year and unfortunately we had a chance to see it live. Walking around the beach I did see other places (north to Buri Rasa) in which the situation was better and the beach was more suitable for kids.
Bottom line - GREAT place, AMAZING service but for us it wasn't a perfect fit as we needed something more friendly for kids and we shouldn't go to the Chaweng area for what we looked for.
So 5 stars for the hotel, 3 stars for the Chaweng environment for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng