“Next trip”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is one of the very best hotels I've ever stayed in. It succeeds in making you feel special. The hotel only has a few apartments which means that it feels quiet and peaceful, although there is still some construction noise next to the resort, but very minimal and never disturb me at all.

The staffs are absolutely fantastic and do everything they can to make sure that you have an enjoyable stay!!! Also the location of the hotel is excellent. The best private beach area!! Soft white sand, quiet, clean beach, great for swimming. It's close to the airport so it's easy to get to, it's also right on the main shopping if you want to go out and of course it is right on the beach. Also the breakfast is excellent with a wide selection to choose from which is all excellent. Buri Rasa was definitely the most enjoyable for us. Highly recommended! Trust in me! you will have more fun here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Greezezy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 21 August 2013

my husband and I just spent 7 days here and we cannot say enough good things about this place from the little gifts left on your bed every night after it was turned down for you to the beautiful cocktails served at happy hour near the pool. We stayed in a deluxe ground floor room with our own dip pool on the north side of the property no 12 and contrary to other reports did not even notice the construction next door it was not a problem. The staff are excellent and cater for your every need, breakfasts are very nice and if you are looking for authentic thai food a very cheap prices the ninja crepe's restaurant right across the road was some of the best food I have eaten in Thailand all in all I would highly recommend buri rasa to anyone wanting to holiday in koh samui p.s (Ms Ice was our favourite staff member)

Room Tip: get a ground floor room with your own dip pool it was a little cool in at first but romantic to get...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PurrfectPurple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and i stayed fthere for a week it was fantastic. we really had a great time. The weather was great. The beach was clean. The Buri Rasa staff could not do enough for us. We had a nice taxi driver (Joe) who picked us up at the Airport and i kept him and he spoke great English and took us on all the tours we wanted. He was well priced. You can just agree a price with him. His contact details below
joekadek@yahoo.com

2  Thank TonyWilson1960
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Excellent Ambience,
Excellent Location,
Excellent Beach,
I really liked the space and ambience of the room's.. I stayed in the Super Deluxe room..

The chef will treat you every evening with a local desert and fruits..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VarunTibdewal
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I stayed at this resort for 5 nights in August.

Before visiting I had read many of the reviews and what I found frustrating was the issue of noise. It seemed to bother some while others didn't even notice it.

So here are the numbers I got:

Bedroom dB level at 2200 hours was about 51-54. In the morning around 0900 is was almost the same level. That is a very good level with the air conditioning and fan on.

The construction on the North side of the property is actually well past the really noisy stage.

Db levels at the restaurant, which abuts the construction site, during breakfast was about 60 - 62.

There is a beach club on the south side of the resort and they play music from 1300 to 1800. But even with their music playing, the dB level by the swimming pool was only 65, with occasional peaks of 67-68. And what too with kids screaming, power boats in the sea and lots of people around.

Other than that I will also agree with most of the reviewers that the staff are very friendly and nice. The beach is not too crowded and the water is very nice. Loads of vendors, motorised water sports etc. The restaurant Ninja Crepes just opposite the hotel is fantastic.

Two points: we had a problem with maintenance but I was properly compensated for that so won't bring it up anymore. But I saw some chipped plaster in front of room 17 and one of the pool's lights had popped out, which I reported. Overall maintenance and upkeep needs to be improved.

Secondly, please do your Ko Samui research well when choosing which beach to stay at. We knowingly chose Chaweng and if you also do so, this is the best hotel there (but the property next door that's being built up, if it is a hotel and it did look like one, might also become a good option and would have a bigger beachfront).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Miran_Ali
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights in July. The hotel is lovely in a garden setting. The rooms are also very nice and are towards the back of the property and the breakfast, bar and pool area overlook the beach. Always a sun lounger available.

We had an upstairs room, cosy and nice, it had everything you would need including toiletries and it was cleaned everyday between breakfast and lunchtime. They also offer a turndown service in the early evening where the staff will clean quickly, turn your bed down and leave you a handmade sweet.

The breakfast was very nice. Hot food made to order, like eggs, all kinds, benedict style or omelets, etc., pancakes as well as cappucino or lattes. Other cold items like fruit, pastries, cereals, yogurts, cheese, bread and grilled vegetables mediterranean style all laid out for you to choose from on the buffet. The service was very good, the staff are very professional and charming at the same time.

We did not hear any noise from the construction at night from our room at all. Occasionally after 9am we heard it but we were up and getting ready for breakfast, so it didn't bother us.

I found the hotel very relaxing. Once inside the property you would not know you were in Chaweng. The hotel next door did not play loud music every day when we were there. I'm pretty sure I only noticed it once and it wasn't even loud. Also when you are on your sun lounger you can't hear the construction noise from the hotel next door being built. It's got about six months or so to go, we were told.

Outside on the street it was not very busy, as it is a little south of the centre. As you walk towards the centre though it starts to get busy. I think July is not peak season.

The water was smooth as glass and warm and yes the sand is white and soft here. I think the water is clearer though in some parts of Phuket, e.g. Karon, Surin., but on some days it was clearer than others. On the whole very nice and we did not miss a day of swimming.

All in all we loved this hotel, its surroundings, the beach and the lovely staff and we were very glad we chose it and would not hesitate to come back again and also recommend it to anyone reading this. In fact my husband has already asked me to to book for next year.

6  Thank shangrila g
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days here and overall were happy with the service and quality of the resort and staff. Currently there is construction going on next door to the resort which makes it noisy at times. As we made our booking on Booking.com we weren't aware of this until checking in. Also the size of the beds were smaller than expected, a large double at best, but other than these 2 negatives the resort as a whole is excellant, well priced with friendly helpful staff. The beach is great for swimming, plenty of sun loungers for everyone.

4  Thank DubaiRaven68