When they invented the word 'paradise' I think they had somewhere like Koh Samui and the Buri Rasa in mind. What an amazing place to stay, everything was perfect. When we arrived we were warmly met by the reception staff and taken to our room where we had a beautiful welcome note written on our bed with twigs and an elephant made from some white towels, also waiting for us was a nice bottle of champagne. We stayed in the 1st floor deluxe room, which was very well set out, had a nice size bathroom with a semi outdoor bath nice big shower and good size vanity. The bed was a nice size but the mattress was a little small but got used to it by the end.
The resort had a nice little bar area near the pool and a great little restaurant. The beach out the front had to be the best spot along the whole beach. We walked along the beach many times checking out the other resorts and I have to say even the big expensive ones had nothing on the Buri Rasa. even the beach lounges looked more comfortable and newer than any of the others.
We read a lot of the reviews about the noise from the building site next door, but I have to say I heard a bit of hammering and sawing every now and then but nothing to bother me. The KC resort next door annoyed me a little with their music pumping out everyday but that has nothing to do with the Buri Rasa.
I have to make a special mention about the staff. They go above and beyond to make your stay as good as it can possibly be. There is nothing better than going to breakfast and having Porn, Ead, Chart, Arm and bugger I can't think of the other ladies name all with massive smiles on their faces wishing you a good morning and asking how you are. After breakfast we head for the sun lounges and before we know it Arm has towels under his arm and following us to our lounges makes sure we are comfy adjusts our chairs moves the umbrella and were are right to go.
We wanted to hire a car and drive around the island, so we asked Ice if she could tell us where to hire from, before we could say anymore she said leave it to me and tI was all done. When the staff knew we were going to drive around the island they were all there helping us out telling us where to go what to see they were so helpful.
If you are looking for a nice relaxing holiday with the most amazing staff I can not recommend any place more highly than the Buri Rasa, we will be staying there again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng