“Fantastic but too many mosquitoes”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
“Fantastic but too many mosquitoes”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The room was good, romantic and boutiqie style - some rooms has their own jacuzzi in the area, each room is like one seperate house.

The Beach Club, the hotel's restaurant, taste's good, the atmosphere is fanstastic when sun is coming down to the sea.

The best adventage you can enjoy is the beach. The white sand and emerald sea is one of the most beautiful beach I guess.
The water is shallow and warm, from families with kids to couples, the sea is good to play in.

Service is also excellent, and they loved my baby, it is also a reason I like this hotel.

However, there are some things to be improved.

1. They didn't reply my email, and question on the website. Even though they gave me everything what I want when I got there, it was unpleasant.

2. There are too many mosquitoes.
The hotel design concept is a cozy house in the forest(I guess), so there are many trees and also, too many tiny vampires.
They are trying to remove the insects, but I have almost 30 wounds all around the body.

However, if I can have an opportunity to come back Koh Samui, I will come again to this lovely hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 옥환김
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear 옥환김

Thank you for taking the time to write the review here on Tripadvisor and for your lovely comments about our wonderful service and tasty food at the Beach Club. As you rightly pointed out, Buri Rasa is situated on the best part of Chaweng and is the best beach on Samui.

As you are aware Thailand has many little flies but we try to keep these away from the hotel as best we can with regular treatments.

I would like to apologize concerning your missing e-mail letter. The system delivered the e-mail concerning your requests but obviously you did not receive this. I’m so sorry for this error.

Please do send me an email directly as I will be delighted and welcome you back to Buri Rasa Village Samui.

Kind regards,

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As I am not a frequent traveler, I spent a lot of time reviewing hotels on Tripadvisor and other ways prior to booking Buri Rasa. Thank goodness I did.

Buri Rasa was the perfect choice with friendly staff, comfy rooms and a perfect location. I was a bit worried about the noise of the beach club next door but actually, it didn't bother us at all. I especially liked chatting with the managers who were present during breakfast and afternoon activities.

Also to be mentioned was the fact that we were on a 10-day holiday and wanted to see more of Thailand than Chaweng so the resort helped us make plans to visit their sister resort on a nearby island and a diving trip in Koh Tao!

I cannot think of anywhere more perfect for the first time traveler to Thailand!

Cannot wait until we can return.

Thanks Buri Rasa Village!

4 Thank Dianna H
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Dianna H

We are all delighted to read your review following your recent stay at The Buri Rasa Samui. I was glad that we met your expectations and found the service and hotel facilities to your liking.

Please do send me an e-mail and come and visit us again soon.

My best regards,

Irvine, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This review is long overdue. My husband and I visited Koh Samui last September (2013) and stayed mostly at Buri Rasa (we stayed at Hansar on the other side the other days). We loved, loved, loved it here. They had amazing service, a beautiful, wonderful room, and even a little outdoor patio/balcony seating area. The hotel itself is also beautiful and centrally located on Chaweng beach. The front doors open up to the hustle and bustle and the back of the hotel sits on the beach. Every evening we received a little treat from hospitality. I can't think of a single thing I disliked about this hotel. I would 100% recommend it and can't wait to come back one of these days. Very well done establishment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank lkflor
Dear Louisa F

WOW!! It’s really great that you were thinking about us for so long. Thank you so much for posting your ‘Excellent’ review here on tripadvisor and its great to hear we have made a lasting impression.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It is a lovely boutique resort in the centre of Chaweng beach located directly on the beach. I think it has the best location. Beach is very clean, water is a paradise for children and non-swimmers, because it is shallow. We loved our room, very nice size with private balcony and it seams that you are the only one in resort - so quite it is. Rooms is spotless with large bathrooms, which includes traditional Thai bath area. We didnt have any scary insects, hotel maintenance team does its job to make sure those creatures do not scare you. There was a night bar next door, but it didnt bother us at all, because of good sound protected windows. I felt so comfortable staying there. Oh, and beds are extremely comfortable with four pillows of your choice. We had breakfast included and it was really big with lots of choices from the buffet table and a la carte menu. Freshly prepared juices, fresh fruits - everything you need to stay healthy or to treat yourself with extras. I loved our breakfast. Beach area is clean and close to everything you need including bar. I prefer small resorts and this is the one. You feel special there and everyone from resort staff treats you with care and respect. I have no complaints, I would definitely come back here. we stayed in room 20 and 21. Perfect location, right between beach and reception area. if you want to be closer to the beach (actually all rooms are very close to the beach) pick rooms 20 and up

Room Tip: Rooms 20 and higher are closer to the beach and definitely second floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Karina G
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Karina G

Thank you for taking the time to write your ‘Amazing’ in depth review here on Tripadvisor. As you are aware Thailand has many little flies / creatures but we try to keep these away from the hotel as best we can. Thank you for mentioning about the healthy breakfast and the whole of the resort team making your holiday so special.

Whenever your travel plans take you back to Thailand and Koh Samui, please do send me an email directly as I will be delighted and welcome you back to Buri Rasa Village Samui.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just returned from 9 nights staying with this great hotel. The location is fantastic with breathtaking views over Chaweng beach. The hotel is based on traditional Thai village and is a relaxing oasis from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng beach road. This is a well run hotel and the staff seem to be part of an extended family at Buri Rasa. This is a smaller boutique type hotel and from the first day all the staff will remember you, and endeavour to make your stay memorable Breakfast is a treat with hot and cold dishes, even fresh honeycomb for your toast! Also the Beachclub restaurant offers excellent quality food, well presented and very reasonable on price.

This is the only hotel we have returned to in Thailand and will look to stay again in the future.
There is a slightly noisy hotel next door but this did not bother us during our stay.
Well done and thanks to all at Buri Rasa.

2 Thank jcfc33
Dear jcfc33

I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay here at Buri Rasa Samui. As a returning guest it’s great to hear we are ever improving. The team are what makes Buri Rasa so special and thank you for mentioning this.

Thank you again for your review comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the third time I stay here and the first time my parents do. It is a gem that stays true to Thai design and traditions hidden between over-develoment of 'modern' miami style hotels. It sits on the best part of Chaweng beach which is a stone throw away. You should not miss the buffet dinner at the beach on Thursdays. Breakfast is a hit too with free bloody marys as a unique feature. When you want to dine out its walking distance from the hotel too.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to K C Resort as their concept is club music as part of a pool party concep during...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kenneth C
Dear Kenneth C

Many thanks for your kind words following your stay with us again. All the team were delighted when they read your review. Thank you for your comments about the buffet dinner on Thursday and the unique breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Yours faithfully

Paris
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed for 5 nights and still don't have anything to say about this hotel and its staff...5 years now that we come every year and we will come back again in September.

We feel like at home at BURI RASA and we will always come again. The only thing we will point is the KC nextdoor which is noisy but less than last year. How can they do?

Still, noisy or not we will stay loyal to it !

If you have any questions don't hesitate I have experienced it once a year for 5 years!

2 Thank Emily_Ng
Dear Emily_Ng

Thank you for your wonderful review. Returning guests mean the world to us...!!! Its great to hear from you this morning that you got home safely and that you enjoyed your time with us so much. Thanks once again for your review and your lovely e-mail and we look forward to welcoming you back in September!

Yours faithfully.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Poppies Samui
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#2 of 187 in Bophut
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,536 reviews

Been to Buri Rasa Village Samui? Share your experiences!