“Noisy, but good”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
“Noisy, but good”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just next to the Buri Rasa there is a new hotel with a beach and nightclub.
On weekends, the music is very loud and therefore I would not recommend this hotel for couples or families.

The hotel is very nice:
- the servce and the people were very kind
- the rooms are authentic and clean
- the beach is beautiful and not so crowdy
- the restaurant is very good
- the spa is ok.. there is no gym in the hotel
- the main street is just in front of the maindoor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Samir R
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Samir R

Many thanks for your kind words about the hotel team and the service we provide. It is so nice to receive positive feedback such as yours. Concerning the hotel music next door final talks have borne fruit and we are in the process of rectifying this issue and I do sincerely apologize for this.

Whenever your travel plans take you back to Thailand and Koh Samui, please do send us an email directly as we would be delighted and welcome you back to Buri Rasa Village Samui.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
chester
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's May so it must mean "back to the Buri Rasa"! Me and the girls packed the bags and did the 6,000 mile 24 hour door to door journey... a bit of a sufferfest but some pain in life is worth it, and going back to Buri Rasa tops that list.

Once again climbing the steps and entering the serene calm of the Buri Rasa reception helped us leave behind the stresses of work in UK. The staff old and new, smiling faces, ever helpful, quickly checked us in and delivered us to our fabulous home for the next two weeks. This was our eighth (or is it ninth?) visit and we've watched Buri Rasa develop since we saw it being built back in 2005.

We just love it here, the fantastic staff and the quiet way they deliver 5 star service is certainly the highlight. They all seem to love being part of Team Buri Rasa and have pride and get immense pleasure from making your holiday extra special.

We've stayed in many of the rooms... the upstairs balcony rooms with their high ceilings and great feeling of space, the downstairs rooms where closing your gated garden allows the fantasy of owning your own little Thai villa and we've even been lucky enough to stay in the massive sea view family suite which is bigger than many flats I've lived in back home!

For those who've not been here... Chaweng is a crazy noisy fun town that now even has its own shopping mall! Buri Rasa is your oasis of calm amongst the madness. It sits on the best part of Chaweng beach (think talcum powder sand and aqua blue sea the temperature of bath water) and the hotel's transition from rooms to restaurant and bar to pool and beach is really well designed.

We've had great times here as a new couple staying up partying until the small hours and we now have great times here with our new daughter (going to bed a little earlier)! If you have kids the staff here will love you even more!

Please don't expect big international hotel 5 star facilities, Buri Rasa has more of a homely boutique feel. As with everywhere over here it can suffer with mosquitoes but please use your spray and don't leave your room door open as it's getting dark. Also Chaweng has an increasing amount of noisy bars and if you want complete silence go to Bophut (or even better go over to Buri Rasa on Koh Phangan!)

We'll be back next year... we wish it could be sooner.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are quieter when the late night bars get noisy but if you're staying up late pa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank davewChester
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear David Whitlow and Family

Thank you for taking the time to write your in depth review here on Tripadvisor. It is so nice to receive positive and informative feedback such as yours and all the team were delighted when they read your review this morning (Smiles). Tonor (The Princess) was asking about Tess and how she is looking forward to her arrival next year.

Sally, Thank you again for the chocolate.

Nanjing, China
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nice staff,nice view,nice food. I really like the decoration style of Buri Rasa. It makes me feel so close to the nature and so relax in every single moment! Totally unforgettable experience in my life!I still remember the romatic dinner on the beach. Thank u,Buri Rasa!Looking forward to see you guys next time! If u r hesitating which hotel u should choose, now u can make up ur mind. Because Buri Rasa won't definitely disappoint u!

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Sixiaomai
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Sixiaomai

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor. Your kind comments about the nice staff are greatly appreciated and I will pass them on to the whole team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The room was good, romantic and boutiqie style - some rooms has their own jacuzzi in the area, each room is like one seperate house.

The Beach Club, the hotel's restaurant, taste's good, the atmosphere is fanstastic when sun is coming down to the sea.

The best adventage you can enjoy is the beach. The white sand and emerald sea is one of the most beautiful beach I guess.
The water is shallow and warm, from families with kids to couples, the sea is good to play in.

Service is also excellent, and they loved my baby, it is also a reason I like this hotel.

However, there are some things to be improved.

1. They didn't reply my email, and question on the website. Even though they gave me everything what I want when I got there, it was unpleasant.

2. There are too many mosquitoes.
The hotel design concept is a cozy house in the forest(I guess), so there are many trees and also, too many tiny vampires.
They are trying to remove the insects, but I have almost 30 wounds all around the body.

However, if I can have an opportunity to come back Koh Samui, I will come again to this lovely hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 옥환김
Dear 옥환김

Thank you for taking the time to write the review here on Tripadvisor and for your lovely comments about our wonderful service and tasty food at the Beach Club. As you rightly pointed out, Buri Rasa is situated on the best part of Chaweng and is the best beach on Samui.

As you are aware Thailand has many little flies but we try to keep these away from the hotel as best we can with regular treatments.

I would like to apologize concerning your missing e-mail letter. The system delivered the e-mail concerning your requests but obviously you did not receive this. I’m so sorry for this error.

Please do send me an email directly as I will be delighted and welcome you back to Buri Rasa Village Samui.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As I am not a frequent traveler, I spent a lot of time reviewing hotels on Tripadvisor and other ways prior to booking Buri Rasa. Thank goodness I did.

Buri Rasa was the perfect choice with friendly staff, comfy rooms and a perfect location. I was a bit worried about the noise of the beach club next door but actually, it didn't bother us at all. I especially liked chatting with the managers who were present during breakfast and afternoon activities.

Also to be mentioned was the fact that we were on a 10-day holiday and wanted to see more of Thailand than Chaweng so the resort helped us make plans to visit their sister resort on a nearby island and a diving trip in Koh Tao!

I cannot think of anywhere more perfect for the first time traveler to Thailand!

Cannot wait until we can return.

Thanks Buri Rasa Village!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dianna H
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Dianna H

We are all delighted to read your review following your recent stay at The Buri Rasa Samui. I was glad that we met your expectations and found the service and hotel facilities to your liking.

Please do send me an e-mail and come and visit us again soon.

My best regards,

Irvine, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This review is long overdue. My husband and I visited Koh Samui last September (2013) and stayed mostly at Buri Rasa (we stayed at Hansar on the other side the other days). We loved, loved, loved it here. They had amazing service, a beautiful, wonderful room, and even a little outdoor patio/balcony seating area. The hotel itself is also beautiful and centrally located on Chaweng beach. The front doors open up to the hustle and bustle and the back of the hotel sits on the beach. Every evening we received a little treat from hospitality. I can't think of a single thing I disliked about this hotel. I would 100% recommend it and can't wait to come back one of these days. Very well done establishment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank lkflor
Dear Louisa F

WOW!! It’s really great that you were thinking about us for so long. Thank you so much for posting your ‘Excellent’ review here on tripadvisor and its great to hear we have made a lasting impression.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It is a lovely boutique resort in the centre of Chaweng beach located directly on the beach. I think it has the best location. Beach is very clean, water is a paradise for children and non-swimmers, because it is shallow. We loved our room, very nice size with private balcony and it seams that you are the only one in resort - so quite it is. Rooms is spotless with large bathrooms, which includes traditional Thai bath area. We didnt have any scary insects, hotel maintenance team does its job to make sure those creatures do not scare you. There was a night bar next door, but it didnt bother us at all, because of good sound protected windows. I felt so comfortable staying there. Oh, and beds are extremely comfortable with four pillows of your choice. We had breakfast included and it was really big with lots of choices from the buffet table and a la carte menu. Freshly prepared juices, fresh fruits - everything you need to stay healthy or to treat yourself with extras. I loved our breakfast. Beach area is clean and close to everything you need including bar. I prefer small resorts and this is the one. You feel special there and everyone from resort staff treats you with care and respect. I have no complaints, I would definitely come back here. we stayed in room 20 and 21. Perfect location, right between beach and reception area. if you want to be closer to the beach (actually all rooms are very close to the beach) pick rooms 20 and up

Room Tip: Rooms 20 and higher are closer to the beach and definitely second floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Karina G
BRVSamui, Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Karina G

Thank you for taking the time to write your ‘Amazing’ in depth review here on Tripadvisor. As you are aware Thailand has many little flies / creatures but we try to keep these away from the hotel as best we can. Thank you for mentioning about the healthy breakfast and the whole of the resort team making your holiday so special.

Whenever your travel plans take you back to Thailand and Koh Samui, please do send me an email directly as I will be delighted and welcome you back to Buri Rasa Village Samui.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Poppies Samui
#9 of 104 in Chaweng
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#3 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Buri Rasa Village Samui? Share your experiences!