We stayed for over a week and did not want to leave. If you want a place to relax and rejuvenate on a beautiful beach, the Buri Rasa is it. The beach and sun are fantastic. The water on the beach stays warm even at night. The hotel is gorgeous both because of its authentic design and its intimate size. We received an upgrade to the garden room with wading pool and what a wonderful treat that was. The service of all the staff was always with a smile and always helpful. Porn and Arm took care of us all on the beach with a warm smile and greeting every morning. Our best greetings to Porn and Arm! The ladies in the spa gave great massages and treatments. We really enjoyed getting to know the staff generally, as they were a positive and pleasant group to talk with. The restaurant cuisine and staff were world class. Our compliments to them. The New Year's eve dinner and celebration was truly special with a seafood extravaganza, shows and fireworks. One of the most enjoyable and memorable New Year's nights for us. Really my wife and I cannot compliment this hotel enough. In terms of downsides, I can only think of a few but really they didn't affect our supremely positive view. First, there is the construction noise from the neighbouring property, but the hotel can't control it and we were warned in advance when we booked. In the end, the construction noise merely replaced our alarm clock in the morning and once on the beach the noise was not an issue. Second, we disagreed that people who were not hotel guests could use hotel beach chairs, because the sizable price guests pay should come with exclusivity and monopoly of services. Third, the ramshackle state of the Chaweng street is a wart for this amazing place. However, you have restaurants and bars on the beach which allow you to completely avoid the hassling of street vendors and the lack of aesthetics on that street. But these are all minor issues which pale relative the paradise that this place is. We can't wait to return and we would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng