We stayed here for 5 nights during a 20 day trip to Phuket and Koh Samui and wished we could have stopped longer.
We were welcomed by lovely reception staff with a cool drink and cold towels. They informed us that they were putting us in to room 28 which has a sea view, only 2 rooms have sea views over the garden. The room was lovely and comfortable except the bed was up against the wall so getting out during the night woke my partner, but that aside lovely bathroom with good quality toiletries. Huge flat-screen TV, free WiFi and a delightful balcony with views over the garden pool and sea. We had a young couple in the room next door and never heard a sound from them. If we had any negative comment on the room it would be that it was a bit short on storage. House keeping with fresh fruit, turndown service, free Bangkok times etc just made it that cut above the average.
To reach the room you pass the other rooms in groups of 4 that are hidden by lovely plants and garden walls, it’s a tranquil heaven.
The restaurant is located overlooking the pool and beach and is open sided. We only had breakfast but were very impressed with choices and a lovely range of teas and coffee’s. The fresh honey dripping from a honeycomb was just typical of the attention to detail. The bar and restaurant staff were so nice, it was a pleasure to spend far too long over breakfast! The bar was a nice place to have an early evening “ladies slipper” ice-cream smoothie before heading out.
The hotel is more or less in the centre of Chaweng but the street noise levels were so well dampened by the trees and bushes so that the only noise we heard was that of fireworks!. The new hotel being built next door has reached the stage where there is very little noise at all so is not a worry. Most of Chaweng is within walking distance but we caught a tuk-tuk once and only paid 100 Baht to the far end of the main street. There are loads of places to eat in Chaweng from cheap to “oh dear did we spend that much”! We found the food in the cheaper places was often much nicer!
Chaweng was a bit in your face for us, however it was always a pleasure to return to The Buri Rasa Village. We will be going again but this time for a longer stay.
Well done to everyone at Buri Rasa for making a very picky couple’s holiday quite perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng