“Best holiday! Great hotel and service ”

Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed with about 30 other guests for 9 days. We were given the apartments on the beachside and they were beautiful! Location was amazing everyday breakfast by the beach it felt like we were in paradise. Both the wedding and a 59th birthday took place at the resort and they did an amazing job! In every aspect service was spot on rooms were cleaned daily and staff were always friendly. We had the best time and if I ever go back of stay at kandaburi again no complaints here thanks for a great trip!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
John G, General Manager at Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear NatFrequentTraveller,
Happy you enjoyed it here, and many thanks for the kind words.
We loved your group, and thanks for being such great guests. Hoping we can see you back here someday
with best regards/JG

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The short story here if you are looking for a great hotel to sort out your wedding, this is the place so read on.
If you want a great hotel for a holiday the review may not be for you I can only say the hotel is fab and a perfect holiday place.
Weddings, I chose this hotel after reading a review from a mother whose son had a wedding here, I can only say that I couldn't have wished for more. The celebrate who conducted the ceremony was fantastic and made it special for all of us. The hotel securtary (Nan) is the most wonderful lady I have meet,nothing and I mean nothing was too much trouble or out of the question. I had a business as a wedding planner and so my eye for detail is acute, they fulfilled everything. The flowers the food was amazing with far more food than we could ever eat, the service.... I could go on for ever.
I have to say the final thanks to John the hotel manager, I arranged everything directly with him by mail and can only say he gave me more than 100%
If you are thinking about your wedding here feel free to contact me and I will be pleased to continue my utter praise for the Kandaburi and all it's staff.
Thanks Kandaburi

Room Tip: Beach side 137 is a great room with lots of light Hillside 327 is fantastic for the views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NottinghamCrazylady

Dear (ahem) NottinghamCrazylady,
We have to thank you for all you invaluable help in organising the wedding. We all loved having you all here, a truly nice group of people.
Hope you can make it back for a proper holiday sometime.
Best wishes

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 weeks at the end of November, and met up with our Australian friends there. This was our 3 stay here and every time is better. The staff can't do enough for you and are always so polite.
We stayed on the hillside, which was fantastic and the road is not a problem, it's nice to be away from the activity on the beachside.
There are plenty of good restaurants near the hotel within walking distance and reasonably priced.
There are also many lovely restaurants on the beach.
Try the massages on the beach next door to the hotel to your left - amazing!!
Breakfast in the hotel was great, something for everyone!
We really didn't want to leave and can't wait to return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sianiflewog

Dear Sianiflewog,
Many thanks for the kind review. It was lovely to have you both here again, and for the third time! We all look forward to welcoming you back for the fourth time.
all the best

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed in the two bedroom beachside room. A nice comfortable room (without a seaside view however) with plenty of room for 5 people. However it was the little things, shower door didn't close so you wet the floor of the bathroom, handles on drawers and wardrobes missing - nothing major, just little things (which if I was paying for a cheap hotel I wouldn't mention, however for the price I do expect these things fixed).

Housekeeping was atrocious, as we ran out of things they weren't replaced, some areas of the room weren't cleaned at all. Beach towels were never changed over - one day we left on floor of bathroom to see if that worked (it did) however we had to phone reception to get new towels as they weren't replaced, just taken away. Rubbish collected from our room sat out the front of our door for over 24 hours in plastic bags before it was removed. The maid service spent an awful lot of time standing around chatting!!! However the hotel itself is well kept and the surrounding public areas are well maintained.

Staff were not all that friendly or helpful, with the exception of one of the pool/restaurant workers (I cannot remember his name - but he was always happy) and trying to get served by the pool was almost an impossible job.

The hotel is in a fantastic location, with everywhere you need to go accessible by the beach. Although staff & service not that great, I would still stay in this hotel again as the good does outweigh the bad. Nice rooms, great pool, good spot near the beach, great restaurants nearby, close to the busy section but just enough removed to enjoy a bit of tranquility - I would recommend this hotel, just don't have high expectations.

I know some people have mentioned the mosquitos, I don't think you can really blame the hotel for that - sensational insect repellant can be found in most stores and at the markets which certainly solved that problem for us!

Room Tip: If you want ocean view you need to ask for hill side rooms, however you have to walk across the stre...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
John G, General Manager at Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear 12345love2travel,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review.
Apologies for our Housekeeping shortcomings. Although naturally disappointed to read of your problems I'm happy that you brought them to our attention so we can bring these issues up with those concerned.
Despite this, we are happy that you say you wouldn't mind returning. Hope this happens, and we can welcome you back some day.
With thanks and best regards

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is ideal as it is away from hustle and bustle of Chaweng's main strip. Cost around 100 baht to jump in taxi to main centre and always plenty of them around. Staff all very pleasant and polite. Rooms are very large and nicely decorated with excellent air con which was fab after a hot day outside. Pool near our hill side room nice and quiet and not so busy as one near beach. Pool towels are available too. Breakfast was great selection of breads, croissants, fruit, eggs, and also Thai food. If i was to be picky the few issues which could be better were we seemed to be one of last rooms cleaned and on many occasion had returned after 4pm and still hadn't been done which meant we had to wait on balcony while they cleaned or say we didn't need it- however only got two tea bags per day so always asked for these and some
More water. They could have provided slightly more than 1 tea bag and 1 sachet of coffee per person per day IMHO! The drinks around pool were pricey so we opted to buy our own from local shop a few mins away- If the hotel was to lower prices they would def have more guests buying drinks throughout the day from them. Spa prices were also expensive given that you are spoilt for choice in Chaweng and could get a treatment at a much lower price so we didn't use the spa either.
Overall though- a lovely hotel and would recommend! Great holiday

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lexib82

Dear Lexib82
Thanks for the taking the time to post your review, and thanks for the kind words.
Apologies for making up your room so late, I realise what an inconvenience this can be. Again, sorry,
Thanks for posting, and hope we can welcome you back some day.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is was what we expected.

We were in the hillside, rooms were large and more than adequate. Bathrooms are very nice.

The breakfast is ok but could possibly be improved we ate it every day and had no problems with it.

The beach area was nice but may be a few mote loungers on the beach would bw better.

Location perfect for those wanting to avoid the rif raf of chaweng. Chaweng is only 15 mins walk away when you fancy a trip.

The staff around the bar area were great. Always very helpful and attetive.

Be careful on in he pool on the hill side as the walk way projects over the swimming pool. Its very dangerous and I bumped my head as there was no sign indicating that pool had a projection.

Overall we were happy with the hotel. It is not a boutique hotel but we did not pay for this and there for were not disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmirD930

Dear Amir D,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a good balanced review, much appreciated.
Hoping we will see you back here some time.
Best wishes

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We booked 7 nights at kandaburi in a beachside room which was not exactly that, was still a walk to the beach just on the beach side of the road, staff were so rude ! Would not recommend To anybody, if we could have changed our flights we would have left early! Very disappointing end to our trip, after such a fantastic time
In koh phangnan. Will not be staying in any of the kata group venues again!

• Stayed: February 2014
John G, General Manager at Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Abaug,
Thanks for replying to me and clarifying your disappointment with us. I accept that we should have been quicker with the maintenance issue in the room, and I'm happy that room service the second time around got it right.
Apologies for our shortcomings, and thanks for taking the time to respond directly to me. very helpful, and appreciated.
Best regards