“Fantastic little place”
Review of Sans Souci Samui

Sans Souci Samui
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at San Souci for 12 nights. What a delightful little place. I cannot fault this place. The rooms were spacious and decorated in thai wooden furniture, which gave it great personality. The gardens are beautiful and very well maintained. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly daily, including towel and bedding changes. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Anne who couldn't have done any more than she did. she really is a treasure there. Food was tasty and plentiful. The hotel is situated at the quiet end of Chaweng Beach which was a blessing, Chaweng is a very noisy, touristy place so we were pleased we were away from all the action. But we were still in close proximity to restaurants and bars.
One warning though - the sea at the beach can be dangerous with it's rips - I was unfortunate to see someone drown while there. Take note of the red flags and warnings!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BOOtsie5
There are newer reviews for Sans Souci Samui

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Because of flight cancellations and changes I arrived at this hotel too early and departed too late. The staff, particularly Anne at the front desk, did all she could to make the long waits at either end of my staff more comfortable. The hotel held my bag while I explored Chaweng for 3-1/2 hours at the start of my staff, and again for 5 hours at the end of my stay. I particularly appreciated being able to take a shower and change clothes prior to leaving for the airport and three flights back to my point of origin.

The rooms are spacious and have interesting decor in wood. It felt homey and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, I like a firm mattress, and I had a room with a view of the ocean so it was all-in-all lovely. They have two breakfast choices - American and Thai - which was sufficient. The hotel is within an easy walk of shopping on the main road, or other restaurants via the beach. Being at the south end of the beach meant a significant reduction in the number of touts, which is appreciated when all one wants to do is relax and enjoy the sun and the beach.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ocean-view room on the ground floor - easy access to the beach, and great view of the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kaleimakamae
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was our first time in Thailand - we were travelling round. We spent the first five nights here. From the outside I was a little disappointed however when we got inside I was really pleased. The buildings are a little dated however they had everything we needed. The staff we very friendly and very obliging. The food was outstanding the nicest we had in our entire stay and we did eat in many restaurants along the way. We did find we were bitten quite a lot whilst sitting outside our room so make sure you take plenty of insect repellant which you will need to use all over Thailand. The room was cleaned and we had fresh sheets daily. The gardens were very well tended. A very quiet hotel but there is a lovely bar opposite (bamboo bar) and many bats in Chaweng. We had a lovely stay and would certainly return to this delightful little piece of paradise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This place is cute and lovely. We stayed 5 nights, and the staff made us feel so welcome, like staying at a guest house, and went out of their way to help us with anything we needed (like identifying a flower we were given by a tour guide) :)
We had two rooms, one upstairs and another on the ground floor, it's right on the beach, the Thai food they cook is good and well priced. The only thing that took a bit of adjusting to, (and honestly regardless of this I will stay here again if/when I come back) is that the toilets are unable to take toilet paper, which is not uncommon in thailand, but it's sometimes nice to have that comfort in a hotel.
We loved it here - if you're looking for posh 5-star hotel type accom then perhaps it's not for you, but if you want clean, friendly, comfortable, on the beach and a little away from the party of Chaweng, but close enough to walk or cheap tuk-tuk, then this is perfect!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Pro: Clean, spacious rooms with nice bathroom. Good location at Chaweng beach. Green garden. Some small, cheap bars across the street. 5min walk to restaurants and more nightlife.
Cons: We missed a pool, the AC was quite noisy and breakfast was slow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roland K
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you are looking for quite relax hotel, you are in the right place.
It decorates by Thai wooden style, not the luxury modern style.
I really feel at home because the service was excellent. the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
The room and beach are so clean.

Very Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I will start with the pro's - decent location on quiet end of Chaweng. And that's where the pro's end. Although it is on the beach there is no pool, noisy air conditioner, out dated rooms, hard uncomfortable beds, staff are friendly enough but average service. There are many other great hotels that yes may be more expensive but in hindsight I would have paid double the amount. Don't stay here if you expect comfort and something nicer than a close to hostel experience you get here.

Room Tip: Do not go there - full of regret!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple