“This place was perfect”
Review of Sans Souci Samui

Sans Souci Samui
Ranked #33 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a fantastic time during our week stay at 'Sans Souci' All staffs are so friendly and helpful
and they made you feel at home. I have not stopped praising this place and can not wait to recommend it to my friends and family and definitely return very soon ^_^

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BermWattawit
There are newer reviews for Sans Souci Samui

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 days. The place is very peaceful and private. However, it's located at Chaweang beach where easily to reach to attraction place. All staffs are very friendly and full of service mind.
The price is reasonable.
I would recommend this hotel for one who want to take a break from a city busy life.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Sthon A
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have very much enjoyed our stay at the Sans Souci hotel in Samui. It is located at the beginning of Chaweng (could be better located...) and has a private beach with chairs and beach umbrella.
The view at the restaurant (directly on the beach) is breathtaking and the personnel is very welcoming and helpful. We stayed 4 nights and really enjoyed it. the rooms are not particularly beautiful but comfortable and big which is all we needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely little boutique hotel, fantastic location, decent food, good staff, well appointed rooms.
Such a good feel to this place, the location is nice and quite and some of the beachfront rooms are amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ibiscan d
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at San Souci for 12 nights. What a delightful little place. I cannot fault this place. The rooms were spacious and decorated in thai wooden furniture, which gave it great personality. The gardens are beautiful and very well maintained. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly daily, including towel and bedding changes. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Anne who couldn't have done any more than she did. she really is a treasure there. Food was tasty and plentiful. The hotel is situated at the quiet end of Chaweng Beach which was a blessing, Chaweng is a very noisy, touristy place so we were pleased we were away from all the action. But we were still in close proximity to restaurants and bars.
One warning though - the sea at the beach can be dangerous with it's rips - I was unfortunate to see someone drown while there. Take note of the red flags and warnings!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BOOtsie5
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Because of flight cancellations and changes I arrived at this hotel too early and departed too late. The staff, particularly Anne at the front desk, did all she could to make the long waits at either end of my staff more comfortable. The hotel held my bag while I explored Chaweng for 3-1/2 hours at the start of my staff, and again for 5 hours at the end of my stay. I particularly appreciated being able to take a shower and change clothes prior to leaving for the airport and three flights back to my point of origin.

The rooms are spacious and have interesting decor in wood. It felt homey and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, I like a firm mattress, and I had a room with a view of the ocean so it was all-in-all lovely. They have two breakfast choices - American and Thai - which was sufficient. The hotel is within an easy walk of shopping on the main road, or other restaurants via the beach. Being at the south end of the beach meant a significant reduction in the number of touts, which is appreciated when all one wants to do is relax and enjoy the sun and the beach.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ocean-view room on the ground floor - easy access to the beach, and great view of the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kaleimakamae
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was our first time in Thailand - we were travelling round. We spent the first five nights here. From the outside I was a little disappointed however when we got inside I was really pleased. The buildings are a little dated however they had everything we needed. The staff we very friendly and very obliging. The food was outstanding the nicest we had in our entire stay and we did eat in many restaurants along the way. We did find we were bitten quite a lot whilst sitting outside our room so make sure you take plenty of insect repellant which you will need to use all over Thailand. The room was cleaned and we had fresh sheets daily. The gardens were very well tended. A very quiet hotel but there is a lovely bar opposite (bamboo bar) and many bats in Chaweng. We had a lovely stay and would certainly return to this delightful little piece of paradise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple