Lowest prices for your stay
US$80
US$47
Hotels.comUS$71
PricelineUS$89
eDreamsUS$80
All reviews ark bar superior room monkey pool sand paths koh samui the main road night life restaurants and shops the location is perfect swim up bar low season shino massage beach thailand sunbeds baht
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We had one of the standard rooms for 2 nights. Room was very standard and basic. No blow drier, minimal in-room amenities, no hand towels, shower water would run into the toilet area which was annoying. I would have rather paid a little more to get a bit more. Beds were very hard and we could feel to springs. Room walls were not very soundproof as we could hear the room next door's TV running until very late in the night.
Location to the beach was great. Beautiful beach. However, Ark Bar's music (2 hotels down) was playing non-stop and we could hear it very late into the night. Something to consider if you are looking for peace and quiet. Especially if you are in one of the nicer bungalows or villas - as those are located closest to Ark Bar.
Breakfast buffet was good. Nothing out of the ordinary but we always enjoyed the selection.

Room tip: If you are used to very basic rooms with minimal amentities, the standard room will be OK for you.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Have stayed at Chaweng Garden many times, with and without family. Always stay in the Superior rooms but there are cheaper and more expensive. Amenities are good, breakfast selection is terrific and right on the beach. Pool is super relaxing, deck chairs on the beach or go for a jet ski.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Good water pressure and bathroom facilities. Staff are all service with a smile and most are long time employees who remember you from previous visits.

This place never fails to cater for us. Big plus is that they listened to guest recommendation and installed WiFi which is a must wherever you go these days. Not only installed it but provide unlimited for free. Most Resorts charge for this privledge.

You are directly across the road from the entertainment area of Chaweng and within easy walking distance of every type of cuisine you can of.

Highly recommend Chaweng Garden for the family or group.

Room tip: Superior is my choice. Double bed and single. Closer to the beach the better as must from entertainment can sometimes carry to rooms closer to the road.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank John H
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This is a great hotel. My wife and I stay here twice a year and it never fails to impress. It is located in the middle of Chaweng beach in a tropical garden setting. The pool is fantastic with a view of the beach. The staff are friendly and the service is good. There are rooms for all tastes and budgets and the price includes breakfast. This hotel is owned by a local Thai family, and that is the difference. Some hotels in Thai land when you are inside the resort, you could be anywhere in the world. Chaweng gardens is unmistakenly Thai, from the reception area through the gardens and right through to the beach. I cant recomend this place highly enough its great. Its like a second home for us.

Brendan and Nikki Smith, Melbourne Australia.

Room tip: To many different rooms to say, depends on your budget and style.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank BrendanS701
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

This is our fourth stay here and this time we upgraded to a grand beach bungalow which overlooked the pool. Room was spacious with a great outside seating area which quickly became useful!

The hotel is under a flight path but after the first few flights you tend not to notice after a day, they have made lots of improvements including free wifi and infrared cameras.

Comfortable stay, reception was helpful with everything we needed and pool was great! Exactly the holiday we needed!

Date of stay: October 2012
4  Thank KathM104
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Well what can I say I stayed here at the beginning of my 18 month journey way back in 2001 and a few more times in between then, when we arrived there was a bit if confusion wether I'd booked or not but that was sorted. 13 nights I stayed here and was looked after very well from the maids who cleaned the room and espailly the bar staff with ME the gooner the bar captain looking after me well. I have nothing but praise for this place if you want a dip in the pool or a dip in the sea everything is on your doorstep along with the nightlife. Just planning my trip back there wether April for Songkram or May for my birthday it just can't come round soon enough. So a big big thank you to all the staff
Chelsea Reg