Very disappointed. Had to carry luggage by my self up the stairs to open air reception without air conditioning. Their superior rooms are standard rooms. They sold us a family room but only had 3 beds. When complined was told to takt it or leave it. They wanted extra money for change of room. They charged extra for my 10 years old breakfast even though it was supposed to be included. We couldn't do anything as we were stuck there. At breakfast the service was awful. Spoke to number of other people staying there who had similar experience. One family from Isreal had a 2 year son and they had to pay extra for his breakfast. Hotel didn't even let them checkout later or even let them use facility to stay till their flight time.
On the positive, the location of His in a very popular area. Many resturants and barsotel near by. No need to hire car as everything within walking distance. We hired Moped to get around. Hotel is expensive for food and drinks. Customre service was non existant. Beach is nice but sea wather was too shallow as it is closed off to main sea.
Hotel decor was nice and bathrooms in the room is speacous. I really would not recommedn this hotel for cost and service but location is nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Dara Samui Beach Resort, a Thai 4-star beachfront resort with the most authentic Thai architecture, strategically located along the most exciting beach on Samui - Chaweng Beach. It is a short walk to a variety of important "facilities" for every visitor - Thai spas/massage, money changers, banks, 24-hour convenience stores, beach bars, restaurants, street shopping, high end shopping and night life. We have 24-hour reception, 5 room categories, complimentary wifi access in all guestrooms - lobby - restaurant, breakfast restaurant (7am-10.30am),1 beachside restaurant (11am-10.30pm), room service (7am-10.30pm),1 freeform swimming pool (7am-7pm) with outdoor jacuzzi (10am-12pm and 2pm-5pm), poolbar (11am - 11pm), tour counter and airport transfer services. All rooms and suites have electronic key card access, rich wooden fixtures and fittings, individually controlled air-condition, private bathroom, in-room safe deposit box, satellite TV, DVD player, sofa or day bed, balcony and complimentary wifi. Due to the structure of the resort, we do NOT recommend guest with physical challenges as there are many stairs and steps - no guests elevators/lifts. Beginning 01 November 2017, the resort will be an All Adult resort with minimum age being 12 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng