We recently returned from Samui and enjoyed our stay at the Dara Samui Beach Resort and Spa. We found our room to be large and well equipped with a huge bed, nice furniture, wall decorations, large bathroom, a personal safe and free LAN cable internet. The hotel was clean and was designed with many outdoor sitting areas near greenery and fish-filled water features. Walking to breakfast in the mornings, passing relaxing water fountains and fragrant flowers was a great way to start the day. The breakfasts were enjoyable with many egg options, fresh fruits, breads and sweet treats but it was not as extensive as the full International breakfasts seen in 5 star hotels. We found all the staff friendly and helpful. The pool was smallish and with few spaces around it for sun lounges but the beach area with many beach seats was a winner! On the sand and near the continuous parade of walkers and beach sellers it was a constant source of entertainment. Service to this area was excellent. Happy Hours at 3-4pm and 6-8pm saw two-for-one deals and a wide array of snacks on offer.
The hotel’s location at the northern end of Chaweng Beach was an advantage as it was near good shopping and street-side restaurants - The Tree, Duomo, Red Snapper, Royal India ( cheap), Café Uno ( coffee, cake and snacks) were some we tried. Beach-side of the hotel saw many restaurants on the sand. These had good food, cocktails, music and entertainment.
The only problems we encountered at the hotel were with electrical/techno features like the door key card that twice refused to let us enter our room, the safe refused to open once and there was no iron available. The former two were remedied promptly.
We enjoyed our stay, were sad to leave and would recommend this hotel. We look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Nozio Netplan srl, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng