We love Thailand and the people as we have travelled there many times but this was a sad experience. Dirty rooms, smelling of urine and mould, lacklustre hospitality and 'Garden View Rooms' of dilapidated resorts next door. Our Air-Con didn't work for the first 24 hours and breakfast was a non-event in terms of offerings. The one good thing about this place was the location, its right in the heart of Chaweng, and close to everything. BUT, the hotel is old and while it appears there have been renovations the overall feeling is one of tired and weathered. The staff are luke warm and generally the warmth you get in most Thai resorts was not there. Perhaps it was our bad luck this trip but given the amount of competition in the area and other parts of Thailand, we would never consider this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng