Horrible staff, horrible service. When we arrived at the hotel, the first thing they asked at the reception is to pay full amount of reservation. When that was done and the bill signed, they said "We are very sorry, but the hotel is full, so you will have a room in another hotel" WHAT??? After making a huge scandal they suddenly found a free room, saying "ok ok we will move another couple to the other hotel". During all this discussion, all reception was speaking behind our back and looking at us like if we stole something. Coming to koh samui, you probably expect to finally have some rest and enjoy the sun at the beach. Well, forget about it in this hotel. At 16pm the staff starts to close all the beach umbrellas, taking all the chairs away from the beach to instal their beach restaurant. They don't give a damn to the fact that the guests are still laying on the chairs on the beach, they just come and put a plastic table and chairs 10cm from your chair, 10cm on another side of your chair they will put a huge wooden construction to expose the fish. I could not believe that happening, they just push you out of the beach. And if you don't understand those "hints", they will finally come to you and ask to move away!!! If you are gone to the pool for 1 min, when you are back, the beach umbrella will be gone! All the guests of the hotel were shocked and principally were staying on their chair till the end. The score of this hotel on tripadvisor is fake, why? When you arrive to the room, you will find a paper saying: "If you write a (positive) review about this hotel on tripadvisor, show it on the reception and you will get a free cocktail and a half price of the taxi to the airport"!!! Speaking about the taxi, do not order a taxi at the reception, they charge you crazy price!!! 800B to go to the pier. We just went on the street the evening before our departure, stopped a taxi and asked him to come to our hotel at 7am to bring us to the pier for 300B! The hotel calls "Dara Samui Beach resort and spa", however there is no spa in this hotel. There are 2 massage bungalows on the beach next to the hotel, they have nothing to do with the hotel and they do amazing massage for low price. Actually all beach line is full of such massage bungalow, the prices are quire the same. The massages on the street are slightly cheaper. The bay where the hotel is located looks nice until you want to go to "refresh" in the sea. I first did not understand why the lady from the massage salon said to go have a refreshing shower, if I am at the sea.. But when I stepped in the sea I've got a shock, the water was boiling hot. Not just "warm and nice for small kids to play in", it is crazy hot, you cannot even go inside (because this bay is closed with the rocks around 100m in front, so the water does not cool down and does not refresh). You need to walk more to the north or south to be able to go in the sea. In the north of this beach you can have a nice walk far in the sea, the water there is very low and clear. The north part of the beach is more calm but also less restaurants for in the evening. The restaurant of the hotel is the most expensive of the all beach, even thought they make some romantic concept out of it, it is not the reason of charging the triple price compared to the restaurants next to it. The south part of the beach has more ambiance, full of bars and restaurants. You can also go on the street and walk to the south: there are plenty of shops, restaurant, bars, massage salons. The dj at the pool starts to turn 5 the same german stupid old style songs at 4pm, round and around, every day the same. Probably also to annoy you so that you leave the beach and go into your room. The hotel by the way was pretty empty, you could notice it in the breakfast and on the beach. The breakfast was quite bad (compared to 7 other hotels where we stayed in bangkok, koh tao, etc), although you have some eggs, sausages and fruits, it tasted very cheap and the choice was quite limited. The room was ok and quite big, free toiletries, free wifi in the room, safe, mini bar, complimentary water is available. Even though the room was nice, all the rest of the ambiance was very negative. The hotel which is located a bit to the south of Dara looked pretty same style(Chaweng regent), but there nobody was throwing guests out of the beach at 16pm. I would recommend you choose another hotel if you want to enjoy your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng