On arrival, whilst the style and décor of the hotel and lobby are pleasantly contextural and tasteful, one immediately notices that the lobby and hotel in general is a bit tired and in need of a spruce up. We didn't want a spa hotel, nor one that was too big, a concrete jungle with multiple pools or in an isolated location. The location was good for the beach and access to all restaurants, bars etc. However, if you are a light sleeper, there is still a faint thumping of music that one hears from the nearby bars all through the night. The rooms were large and beautifully decorated, the standard room being nicer than the suite in my opinion. However, next door, the hotel is being demolished and this is the current outlook from one's balcony which is awful! The breakfast is good, but could be sensational with the addition of a wider range of fruit and more appetizing display and layout. Dinner setup on the beach is the most beautiful and romantic of all the surrounding restaurants. Also, the staff couldn't be more congenial and helpful which really made our stay a pleasure in lots of ways. Cleaning of the rooms sometimes left a little to be desired with toiletries not being replenished and the towels should be updated with a nice new fluffy variety. Also the pillows we first got were the hardest, lumpiest variety ever experienced. All that aside, there was an ambience that made our 10 day holiday very, very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng