Dara samui review
The hotel was very nice. Very well done in the Thai Lanna style. Unfortunatly I had a bad experience checking in with the staff getting our rooms confused first and lying to us after. When we checked in we had three rooms, two king beds and one twins. For some reason they got them confused and we got two twin rooms and one king. I told them of the mix up and they Offered to push the twin beds together for us. I said this was not acceptable and told them we needed a king. They went to change the rooms and came back to show us the new room which looked fine at first glance. We showered and then laid in the bed only to find out it was actually twins pushed together. I called the front desk (late night now so same girl working who checked us in) and asked for a real king bed. "I'm sorry sir, all the king beds in the hotel are done like this." was here reply. I accepted this and called my friends for dinner. I mentioned my disappointment at the king beds not being king beds at all and my friend told me that he had a king, a real one. I was furious at this and immediately went to the front desk and demanded we were given a new room. She resisted a bit at first, telling us that nothing would be available until the next day. I told her how angry I was at being lied to and I demanded to speak to a manager. At this time she suddenly found another available king room. I'm sure there were many as this is low travel season in thailand. We moved to the new room and were satisfied with the rest of the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Dara Samui Beach Resort, a Thai 4-star beachfront resort with the most authentic Thai architecture, strategically located along the most exciting beach on Samui - Chaweng Beach. It is a short walk to a variety of important "facilities" for every visitor - Thai spas/massage, money changers, banks, 24-hour convenience stores, beach bars, restaurants, street shopping, high end shopping and night life. We have 24-hour reception, 5 room categories, complimentary wifi access in all guestrooms - lobby - restaurant, breakfast restaurant (7am-10.30am),1 beachside restaurant (11am-10.30pm), room service (7am-10.30pm),1 freeform swimming pool (7am-7pm) with outdoor jacuzzi (10am-12pm and 2pm-5pm), poolbar (11am - 11pm), tour counter and airport transfer services. All rooms and suites have electronic key card access, rich wooden fixtures and fittings, individually controlled air-condition, private bathroom, in-room safe deposit box, satellite TV, DVD player, sofa or day bed, balcony and complimentary wifi. Due to the structure of the resort, we do NOT recommend guest with physical challenges as there are many stairs and steps - no guests elevators/lifts. Beginning 01 November 2017, the resort will be an All Adult resort with minimum age being 12 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng