LOCATION/SERVICE - OK
Location is really good - right on the beach and walking distance from Chaweng shops/restoraunts, but far enough to escape from the noise.
Clean rooms, 4* service, nothing wrong with service. I can't say everybody was smiling and was all around you, but you garanteed to get your drinks on time, and room service.
Again about BREAKFAST/FURNITURE - not OK
But they obviously need to make changes in aspects that most off people are complaining about in there reviews: breakfasts and old furniture. Look at pics I publish.
SPA - just dont waste your time and money there.
Does manager know what's happening in there spa???
I'm not sure how spa is being controlled and by whom, but smth not very good is happening there :-(
The first thing - there's a guy, dressed like a girl working there. Or after sex change operation. I don't care about Thai's 3d sex as long as they dont touch me. But unfortunately that was the only person available for me both 2 days for procedures. Ruined my manicure 3 times, bad massage.
Not a pleasant experience.
The main thing - service is terrible.
-there's no relaxing atmospere: they chat to each other constantly, even when one of them is with a client, doing pedicure for example....(my experience - one girl is doing pedicure, another sits next to her and talk and laugh)
-they turn people dawn everyday!!! They tell people "we r fully booked" all the time and than sit for 2 hours doing nothing (!!!) drinking tea. I saw that with my own eyes. They dont want to work and some how get away with it.
-they speak no English or just r pretend not to. I ordered "tai chi massage" and got a traditional thai massage instead of it.
My advice - go to fantastic SPA next door on a right (honestly - the best SPA I've been in Thailand - Rai ra).
CONSTRUCTION WORK - not OK
Under our windows, everyday, loud... and a paint smell. It didnt really bother us as we wake up early and go to the beach anyway. But if u like to sleep late think about it....
We enjoyed staying in a hotel, but I wouldnt recommened anyone to stay there before Dara fixes spa, furniture, breakfasts and till the end of construction works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Dara Samui Beach Resort, a Thai 4-star beachfront resort with the most authentic Thai architecture, strategically located along the most exciting beach on Samui - Chaweng Beach. It is a short walk to a variety of important "facilities" for every visitor - Thai spas/massage, money changers, banks, 24-hour convenience stores, beach bars, restaurants, street shopping, high end shopping and night life. We have 24-hour reception, 5 room categories, complimentary wifi access in all guestrooms - lobby - restaurant, breakfast restaurant (7am-10.30am),1 beachside restaurant (11am-10.30pm), room service (7am-10.30pm),1 freeform swimming pool (7am-7pm) with outdoor jacuzzi (10am-12pm and 2pm-5pm), poolbar (11am - 11pm), tour counter and airport transfer services. All rooms and suites have electronic key card access, rich wooden fixtures and fittings, individually controlled air-condition, private bathroom, in-room safe deposit box, satellite TV, DVD player, sofa or day bed, balcony and complimentary wifi. Due to the structure of the resort, we do NOT recommend guest with physical challenges as there are many stairs and steps - no guests elevators/lifts. Beginning 01 November 2017, the resort will be an All Adult resort with minimum age being 12 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng