Chaweng Bay View Resort
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$121
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$150
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$79
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$182
  • Pool
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$187
Agoda.com
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$136
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$122
OZOHotels.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$206
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$81
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$168
All reviewsspacious villaaway from the hustle and bustlesmall lizardssheets were changedworked perfectsteep hillvery nice swimming poolpool restaurantroom safespa bathlaundry servicerooms were very cleanminute drivekoh phanganlarge bathroomclose to the airportenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Yes this hotel is on a hill but its worth it! Great view and away from the hustle and bustle if chaweng. Personally I prefer a short taxi ride into town rather than being right in the centre. I was there with a group and we had no problem getting taxi to and from. They were cheap and will take you up the hill to the top of the resort so you don't have to walk.
The pool is amazing and I agree with others the view is incredible. I would definitely stay here again as the rooms were clean, had free wifi, bathroom was massive and always had fresh towels etc...
As long as you don't mind a little hill walking and happy to be out if the main town this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: We were right by the pool with shared balcony which was great but I'm sure all of the rooms are nice with a great view of the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank bugbabe78
Reviewed 3 August 2013

- we have not stayed at the hotel so this review is ONLY about the service beforehand -
My partner and I had decided to go from Koh Tao to Koh Samui by Seatran ferry and would arrive at the Na Thon Pier. At our Ko Tao hotel they asked us if we wanted to book the ferry including a taxi to the hotel at 100 BTH extra per person for the taxi. We declined and said we expected the hotel would pick us up from the pier if we would ask, thereby saving 200 BTH.
Below their reply:

Dear Did you mean pick up you from Nathon pier tomorrow 11.20 Am Right and we charge 800 Bath /Way if you need please confirm us again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sway12
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Pool area is lovely, and view is incredible, well worth the short climb up. Had a nice spacious villa, many lizards but this is inevitable in Thailand. The main street with bars and places to eat is only 5 minutes away by taxi. Would recommend

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I should start by saying that my review may be slightly biased due to the fact that I found the hotels manager (pretty sure it was the manager) to be pretty rude and almost mean. However, looking back at our stay, this is definitely a place I would recommend to friends, but not without a few minor warnings.

- The pool is amazing (one of the best I have used in Asia), but is an oasis at the top of a very steep hill... At least you can jump in to cool off after your workout! This is also bittersweet because of the view from the pool area. You can literally see for miles. I will add some pictures I took while staying there to give an idea.

- The rooms are also on a hill (the whole hotel is), so be prepared for exercise during your stay. However, they are also away from the road, which means that it is a peaceful and somewhat safer place at night.

- The bungalows we stayed in share a balcony, but the rooms were great. They had wifi, were clean, nicely decorate and the bathroom was large and way above the standard in Thailand.

- The location is above average but not perfect. There are several restaurants/bars, massage parlors and shops nearby, but the main bar scene is about a 15-20 minute walk away.

That being said, these are all minor issues except for the rude receptionist. I am personally fine with walking places and the hills didn't bother me as much as they may bother other people. However, I wouldn't feel ok with the review without mentioning them. Overall, this is a great place to stay, especially if you appreciate a good pool over the beach.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RyanneRiche
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This a a nice, quaint hotel just outside the main chaweng beach area, the location is pretty good as you have access to the popular bars and restaurants but are just outside the chaos zone if you want some R&R. The rooms are nicely laid out, bright and airy, although the furnishings are a little old and sometimes worse for wear.

There's a great pool, and the restaurant offers great views of the bay.

Strongly advise hiring a vehicle (scooter or motorcycle) as the rooms are all on an extremely steep hill slope and you can get quite tired walking up and down from the main street. Scooters are cheap and easily available right next to the hotel, so it's not a problem. As there is no public transport in Samui, you will probably need this anyway.

Also, the section of the beach nearest to the hotel is a little rocky, while you can swim if you like, it's best to be careful. The main chaweng beach is a little way ahead.

Room Tip: If you are up for a bit of a climb, the rooms nearest the hilltop have the best views. Otherwise pick a room near the reception for easy access.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple