Cooking Class in Ko Samui for Small Group

Book in advance
from
£57.14
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Smiley Cook
from £57.14
More Info
All reviews local market market tour great cooking class at home cooking experience authentic thai food bung dish chef cooks lesson prep skills
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019

We had a fabulous morning at Smiley Cook - we (myself, my husband and our two children 14 & 11) were picked up for our market tour along with another two people. We worked together to select 4 dishes that we would all like to try and included the making of the green curry paste as one of our dishes at their recommendation. We made the Green Curry with chicken, Pad Thai with chicken and a Thai Salad with sea food. The markets tour was interesting and our guide was very knowledgeable explaining to us the history of this food and the Chinese influence on it. When we arrived at Bung's house for the cooking class everything ran like a well oiled machine. The maximum is 6 people per class with one chef (Bung) and her two brothers assisting. Bung explained the processes and showed us exactly what to do, whilst her brothers whipped away the dirty plates and provided the utensils for the next dish without you even noticing!
The food we made was delicious, plus Bung provided a fabulous Thai desert too - and even my kids were able to follow all of the instructions and really enjoyed the class.
I'd highly recommend this class - one of the most enjoyable things we did in Thailand!

Reviewed 21 July 2019

We loved the cooking class. Only four participants so really personal service. The recipes were easy to make and tasted delicious, plenty of food to eat and the host was so generous with his knowledge.
I love to cook but My husband hasn’t cooked a dish in his life and he loved it. Also loved the venue.
Picked up from hotel and dropped off.
Would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 20 July 2019 via mobile

We’ve always loved Thai food so were keen to do a cooking class. All 6 of us wanted to do it so we ended up having a private morning class from 9 to 1pm. We cooked 4 different recipes and the vegans amongst us were able to make substitutions to the recipes the group chose. All I can say was Wow! The food we made was better than any restaurant we’ve eaten at. Loved starting in the markets and selecting produce. The lesson was fun and we all enjoyed the half day learning new skills. I like my food mildly spicy so it was a real treat to cook some of the traditionally spicier dishes like Tom Yum soup adapted for my palate. Delicious! The pick up and drop off made this experience very easy. Everyone was pleasant and courteous and we were shown which ingredients we would be likely to find back home. I then found the packaged items suitable for taking through biosecurity back home so we’ll be all set when we get back.

1  Thank Woodyfox
Reviewed 11 July 2019

The high light of our trip. Fresh food, amazing class and the most delicious food to eat and enjoy with friends. Can't wait to try at home, with recipes to take home.
My 12 year old daughter loved it.

Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

This was our first cooking class and was above all expectations the hole group had lots of fun and we all learnt a lot the food was delicious and so so much!
The chief was relaxed friendly and taught us a lot this is definitely worth doing and we highly recommend.
Make sure your stomach empty as a lot of food 👌

Andy and Gus