Baan Luxor
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared poolhome away from homevillathailandmassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

We gave just got back from a beautiful two and a bit week stay at Baan Luxor and loved it. From the stunning saltwater pool and lush gardens to the private outdoor jacuzzi off the main bedroom, this villa has it all. The owner Jaan was just outstanding, drive me to the supermarket and showed me where everything so was as soon as we arrived so we could stock up and keep the four children happy. Drove us many places, offered advice on food, shopping beaches, boat trips you name it. He couldn't have done enough for us, thank you Jaan for being such a wonderful host and ensuring that we had everything wee needed. If you are looking for a private, beautiful Villa that is close to Chaweng and Bophut this is the one. The kids loved it, my husband loved it and do did I. Will definately return to Baan Luxor!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank FionaTRP
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We have had the most amazing time at Baan Luxor, the three villas here are fantastic and unbeatable value. The villas are modern and extremely well equipped with so much space! Three couples could holiday here with complete comfort and pay very little to have such luxury!.

The main benefit with Bann Luxor is the lovely Jan and his partner,Gai. Jan is like having a personal assistant, always at hand if you need him for any help, advice, booking trips, taxis,takeaways etc. Included in the price is a collect and return service to the airport which is most welcome.

The location is great, a short distance from Chaweng if you like it " busy" and the lovely fishermans village at Bohput if you prefer a more sedate area to eat/drink. Do not miss the street market there on a Friday, it's a brilliant evening. Start it off with cocktails on the beach and eat your way up and down the streets,brilliant!

We did a couple of trips, Jan booked these for us, Ang Thong marine park was a great day out but our favourite was hiring a fishing boat for the day , we had the best day ever, fishing, snorkelling and lunch on a beautiful beach, all for £100 for the four of us. Our skipper even barbequed the fish we caught in the morning!

Jan will taxi you wherever you want to go, costs are included in the welcome file, he even does an island tour. Jan arranged a car for us so we did our own exploring with his guidance on where to go, the best beaches etc.

If you don't fancy eating out Gai will fetch you a takeaway which is fantastic and excellent value, there are so many restaurants to try, all vary in price. We loved Red moon at fishermans and the restaurants fronting the beach are all worth a visit.

We cannot recommend this villa highly enough, it is of course made perfect having Jan to help you make the mst of Koh Samui. We paid a little extra to have our villa cleaned everyday, Gai did a marvellous job, we came home every day to fresh towels in lovely designs and the villa sparkling.

If you need any more information please contact me.

Thank you Jan, you were amazing and your villas are brilliant. Love to you and Gai and we hope to see you again !

Lorraine Adam Ben and Matt x

Room Tip: All villas are equally as good
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Loz45
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at Baan Luxor with my wife and 2 of my sons (21 and 15) for the whole of August 2010 (I've had to put 2011 as TA won't let me put 2010!!!). I promised Yan at the time that I would write a review, but as is the way of life, never got round to it. Now, dreaming of warmer and happier times, and as I look out onto a dark January European evening, I found myself reminiscing about Koh Samui, and decided to check out the reviews on TA as a sort of 'vicarious' vacation. Anyway, Baan Luxor, Jan and Gai made our stay one of the best months of my life, and I can only agree with all the positive reviews about this place, and feel sorry for the people who only managed to leave Baan Luxor with negative feelings. Yes, you need transport, no there isn't AC downstairs, but quite honestly this is nothing compared to the quality of the rooms, the pool and the villa in general. Personally I found plenty to do in the local area, running down to the beach, buying food from the local stalls, or just chilling by the pool. When you feel the urge to visit the madness that is Chaweng, or the delights of Fishermans village, or the captivating beach at Choeng Mon, then jump in your rented jeep, and 10 minutes later you're there!!.
We will definately be back!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2011

For 5 'old' girlfriends meeting up for a reunion, Baan Luxor exceeded our expectations. Clean, spacious, air-con, pool, washing machine, etc. We were picked-up from the airport & given a good overview of the 'villa' & the surrounding area. Yan couldn't have been more helpful - offering to take us to the nearest shops on the first evening. We were also pleased that he went out of his way to take us on a trip around Koh Samui. With Yan's knowledge of the island we visited so many places we never would have seen. I highly recommend Baan Luxor.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet & air-conditioned
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wupcott
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We cannot speak highly enough of Baan Luxor and of the hospitality and service supplied by Jan during our recent family holiday (2 parents, 1 grandparent and 1 year old baby).
The accommodation was absolutely beautiful - it even exceeded our expectations which were already high given what we'd seen on the internet, and the value for money was excellent. The facilities in the house, the stunning surrounds, and the gorgeous salt water pool were all just perfect. Jan went out of his way at all times to make sure we had everything we needed. We even had a scare with our baby having a severely high fever and Jan took us straight to the hospital. Jan also provided a cot for our little one so we didn't have to bring a portacot.
All the rooms upstairs are air-conditioned and were lovely and light. Cleaning was done regularly and very thorough. We definitely plan to stay there again and have recommended it to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: Just ask Jan he will help you
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family