“AMAZING Cover Band, Great Food”

Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 182 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Thai, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Samui's premier dining and entertainment experience. Hear me... Drink me... Eat me...
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING Cover Band, Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We loved our experience at Red Snapper, mainly due to the INCREDIBLE house cover band (Acoustic 101), a group of 3 Filipino guys, who completely rocked the house. They were so good that after dinner, we just hung out in the lounge for 3 hours until they were done. Amazing renditions of "Hey Jude," "No Woman No Cry," "Rollin' In The Deep," and the song we requested: Sublime's "Santeria." I swear that one day I will be flying them out to my wedding to play.

The food at Red Snapper was really good, not kind of a hit or miss. We loved the White Snapper w/ Bay Leaf, the Duck Red Curry, the Mango Spring Rolls, and the Red Snapper dish. Everything else (16-hr Lamb, Pad Thai, Fisherman's dish, Prawns) were just okay. They also had an awesome salad bar, but unfortunately there were so many flies that it just made everything kind of unappetizing. I will say, though, that the table bread is excellent -- it comes with this really addicting butter that I smeared over everything.

The decor and ambiance at Red Snapper is incredible, though. Next time I'm in Koh Samui, I will DEFINITELY be making a trip back, but instead of having a full-on dinner, I will probably just hang out in the lounge to watch the band, while having a few small bites and getting drunk.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

There are 100s of places to eat. Some are good, some are average, some you wouldn't visit again but the Red Snapper is a must. It's situated at the top end of the chewang strip and is more of. 4*, 5* restaurant. Although you can get an amazing A$10 meal at other cafes, do try this one if your budget allows. Although more expensive, the food was delicious. So it might cost you A$25 for a main instead of A$10 but its worth it. Still cheaper than home. And it was nice to be in a more chilled out environment rather than the other cafes where you felt like it was a rush in and rush out experience.

Visited July 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great food and upscale ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had dinner one night and enjoyed the food, service and ambiance very much. The place is certainly more expensive than most other options, but wort it.

Be aware one section has smokind and there is a live band playing loud music

Visited August 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Dinner and a show in Chaweng Road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This restaurant was 5 minutes walk from our hotel and we visited on of the last nights of staying in Koh Samui. All I can say, I wish we had found it sooner.

Red Snapper Restaurant was set up by a French Michelin star chef. The restaurant itself is modern and stylishly presented with interior waterfall and lemongrass planters outside the front door.

I opted for Beef Teriyaki which was exquisitely prepared. The beef was tender, the vegetables fresh and rice moist and fluffy. My wife had steak and onion rings which was delicious. She also had a cosmopolitan with pomegranate which she still raves about.

After dinner, you have the option to move into a lounge which had entertainment by a house cover band who were very good and got people dancing.

Amazing food, attentive waiting staff, engaging entertainment. What else do you need?

Visited July 2013
Devon
“Delicious high end food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We are here last night and it was great.

I had the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon which was amazing and all of the ingredients complimented each other perfectly. My girlfriend had fajitas which she also said we're very nice.

When we looked at the pictures the portion sizes looked small but they are actually a very good size and well presented.

To start they bring out generous portions of bread and breads ticks with pesto homemade butter and oil/balsamic which was great and meant we didn't really need a starter.

My only criticism would be that additional service charge and tax is charged to the menu prices. I prefer the tax to be included and to tip according to service, in this case I would have given 10% as charged but I prefer to do this without being forced.

All in all though, it was a great meal. Best in Samui yet!

• Visited August 2013