“Fine dining in a cosy atmosphere”

Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 186 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Samui's premier dining and entertainment experience. Hear me... Drink me... Eat me...
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Fine dining in a cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food was of a high standard and the deserts with added alcohol an unusual experience and one to be repeated when possible

Visited June 2014
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for eating at our restaurant Red Snapper and thank you for sharing your dinning experirence with the Tripadvisor community.

The kitchen and service team is joining me to thank you for your review and we are all happy you enjoyed RED SNAPPER.

Our new menu is now launched and I hope you will come visit again our restaurant. I'm sure you will enjoy even better culinary experience than your last one.

THIS MONTH JOIN OUR NEWEST PROMOTION:
TAPAS & WINES
Everyday from 5-7pm free Tapas buffet with Serano ham, cold cuts, seafood included 1 glass of wine for only 270 Baht ++ and next glass of wine only 199 Baht ++

Also EVERY NIGHT UNLIMITED COCKTAILS FROM 10PM UNTIL CLOSURE FOR ONLY 450 BAHT ++.

If you have any additional comments or for your future restaurant reservation please contact me directly at gm@chawengregent.com.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The location was right in the centre of the action. The service was excellent and the food had great taste with some different serving styles. I would recommend a visit even if you are not a fish lover

Melati_Samui, General Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 7 June 2014

“Nice food ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Cozy place, good food.
We can recommend the fresh juice.
The staff is nice and keep away, with respect for the customer. The price is a little high, but the food is good.

Melati_Samui, General Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, 4 June 2014

“What a great dinner !”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I'm glade to write a very good note about this place. The waitress are excellent and the menu is well structured. The food quality is a constant during all the dinner, no one black spot ! Don't miss it !

• Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My friends and I decided to head over there to treat ourselves while on vacation. As a party of 19 we spoke to the manager and asked him if they could accommodate us, they assured us that they could...3 HOURS later we all finally got our food. There was an hour wait between the first meal served and the last. What's worst was that half of us were happy with it and the other half weren't. Some of the food was not edible, clearly their kitchen could not handle a party that size. We were in Thailand for a total of 10 days and this place is now under "what shall not be named" because it was the only sore point of our trip. Red Snapper is expensive in comparison to GreenBird which is so much better and cheaper. Don't waste your time.

Visited May 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you and your party for eating at our restaurant Red Snapper and thank you for sharing your dinning experirence with the Tripadvisor community.

First and foremost I'm really you didn't enjoy dining in our restaurant as at Red Snapper the Chef and out team is dedicated to provide at all the time the best quality food and service towards.

The night you and party came the restaurant was full and we did accept your group by informing you it will take a moment to prepare your table. You are over exagerating by saying "3 hours we got our food". We both know this is not true.
Yes I admit the service was slow due to overload number of guest and I take full responsibilty for this. The kitchen and service need improvment on service efficiency when they are very busy.

When you and your party left the restaurant no one made any direct complaint to the restaurant manager. If so we will have done something for you.

Once again I'm really sorry and please trust the team will work harder for improvement.