My first stay in the Turkey and I was very pleasantly surprised.
There was a classic Turkish market near the hotel every evening with huge variety of goods, souvenirs, local specialties, fakes, etc.. But for the real Turkis shoping experience you have to visit Kusadasi located about 60 km from Gumuldur. We took the local bus, which costs about 6 euros for two. Receptionist will provide the information about the local transit. About 500 m from the hotel there was a nice water park – no entry fees for hotel guests..
All the staff members were friendly, polite and willing to help. Receptionists were always there and spoke English well enough. There's nothing to complain about.
Food was excellent, wide variety of dishes, every evening grill specialties, a lot of dishes made of vegetables – on the grill, steamed etc.. Large choice of cold salads, fruits, sweets.. It was impossible to taste everything they made in one day. Drinks were OK, great beer, beach bar close to the beach.
Room was big enough, very nicely furnished. Bathroom with bathtub also big enough. Room was cleaned every day.
Pool area & animations:
Nice pool/beach bar, beautiful garden with Table tennis and animation stage. Animators were preparing activities all the day - pool games, aerobic, beach volleyball, zumba, kids program in the evening etc. I was missing some tournament games, like in table tennis, quizes etc..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the front line of the beautiful sandy beach, 2 km to the typical village of Gumuldur, 45 km to Kusadasi, 40 km to Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport and 40 km to Ephesus. Yali Castle Aquapark situated 800m. From Hotel, daily 2 roundtrip free shuttle from the hotel, food & beverages (without alcohol) included, open 15th of May - 30 September (depending on weather conditions, except Saturday and Sunday ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Cactus Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Cactus Paradise Hotel Gumuldur
- Hotel Cactus Paradise
- Cactus Paradise Hotel
- Club Cactus Paradise Turkey/Gumuldur, Izmir Province