“Really Enjoyed My Stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Comacchio
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Really Enjoyed My Stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is located on a very scenic canal. I had a wonderful stay. Could be the cleanest room I've ever stayed in: the floor was mopped every day! I had breakfasts and dinners at the restaurant in the hotel. The food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel. (Note: as I was traveling as part of a tour group, I do not know how much the room actually cost me.)

Room Tip: I had a room for myself and it was good-sized room and had a double bed. Some of my friends, though...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We wanted a restful comfortable stay and that is what we got despite the earthquakes. We could have done lots of things, or we could just sit and watch and be part of the Italian community. We could practise Italian or be understood with smiles gestures and english. Coffee, ice cream, local wine and fish beautifully prepared and the time to enjoy it all. Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel in the shops and on the streets wanted us to have the best of times. Best to have own transport - over heard other visiters having difficulties using the bus service.
A big thank you to them all.

Room Tip: Can not help. Our room was spotless but had only a sky light. We spent little time in it. We were...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2012

After a VERY disappointing first dinner on arrival, it was like night and day - every other dinner in this family- run hotel was extraordinary. High quality ingredients, expertly prepared, great staff who were very attentive to our requests. Room was comfortable, although it was so nice to walk around the town that we really spent very little time In the room. Breakfasts were pretty pedestrian.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very small - since the hotel has limited rooms, it might not be possible to switch to...
ann arbor, mi
Reviewed 18 June 2012

part of the charm of this delightful hotel is the family that runs it......they couldn't have been more perfect.........the rooms are very clean and charming, air conditioning worked fine, the food was pretty good.......and i have no complaints! i would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: try to get a front room.......they are larger and have more light.
1 Thank silverfoxAA
Auckland
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed at La Comacina as part of a bicycle tour of the region. The location of this lovely family run hotel is stunning. It is set on the edge of a canal with a floating restaurant boat adjacent to the hotel entrance. To dine by candle light on the boat and enjoy the fabulous food from La Comacina's kitchen was truly memorable. Massimo the owner , exemplified graciousnesss and assistence. He organised an evening boat trip on the Comacchio delta for us which gave the opportunity to see flocks of flamingos and rare birds. One of our party required medical assistance and Massimo drove him personally to the hospital and went out of his way to assist as much as possible. Just along from La Comacina is the Roman Ship Museum. Although the ship is currently not able to be viewed , the museum well displays 2 floors of artifacts and finds from the ship . All in all, Comacchio is a gem and we can't wait to go back and enjoy the hospitality of La Comacina.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Waimarie
UK
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I dont usually write rambling reviews, so this is the first time. My husband had a bad cycling accident in Ravenna, and so we were pleased finally to be in Comacchio. He still needed some treatment and Massimo took us to the hospital and later to a doctor's surgery in his car and spent ages trying to make sure my husband had the treatment he needed. Later in the day we had arranged to go with friends on a boat trip around the lagoon ( well worth doing by the way). Our friends cycled, but Massimo took us again in his car. I think that this represents astounding service, and I note that other people have said the same.
The whole hotel is spotless , as is the kitchen. Meals can be taken on the boat in the terrace by the canal and are very romantic. The food is delicious and locally sourced. Don't be afraid of the eels - they don't bite! The house white is a prosecco and goes down very nicely indeed. Even the bill for copious quantities of it was surprisingly pleasing.
Our bedroom was beautifully set out with antiques, and pictures , and a couple having a romantic break would be very comfortable there
Its all very nice, but the crucial thing is the care that the whole family take of their guests. You dont get this in the Sheraton!

Room Tip: we liked our junior suite
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MoandEric
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Just returned from a cycling trip to Emilia Romagna and this hotel was the best of four we stayed at during the trip. From the very warm welcome to the superb location in the town to the delicious food and exceptional service from all members of staff. I could go on and on with my praises. I do not eat wheat and the hotel were advised at the time of booking. I was touched that they had bought in special products for me. I have stayed in many hotels for business and leisure and it does not get any better than this hotel for looking after you as a guest on every level. My husband and I ordered a packed lunch for our departure and a long cycling ride. We had big smiles on our faces as we ate the lunch and reminisced of our stay at this wonderful place. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comacchio
Hotel Logonovo
#1 of 29 in Comacchio
La Pitagora
La Pitagora
#4 of 29 in Comacchio

Been to Hotel Locanda La Comacina? Share your experiences!