“Great food but no atmosphere”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colomars
Hotel Auberge Du Redier
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colomars
Reviewed 6 July 2013

It is quite a tortuous drive up from Nice to Colomars, a village without redeeming features. But the hotel has its own grounds, complete with swimming pool and loungers. During our three night stay the apparent absence of the owners may have contributed to the cold and impersonal atmosphere. We were on holiday, but it was noticeable that most of our fellow-guests were on business. Our hotel bedroom was very comfortable with a superb, modern, bathroom as well as a balcony. But the highlight of a stay here is the restaurant. Like other reviewers we found the waiters really helpful, friendly and efficient. We loved the appetizers we were given to commence our meals and all of the food we had was excellent. And the breakfast has to be seen to be appreciated. I did not know that so many varieties of honey existed!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Auberge Du Redier

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Having booked six months in advance and explaining I would need gluten free food - the hotel seemed totally fazed by my food requirements. Breakfast was a nightmare even though I took my own bread. Toasting it seemed to be a bridge too far! This hotel's public rooms are lovely, the bedroom, however, was very tired (stained carpets and old furniture etc.). The Indian waiters were charming, helpful and kind. The management were unfriendly and unhelpful. We left earlier than we had planned. I think management is more interested in business customers rather than people staying for a whole week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We found this Logis hotel quiet by chance and only reserved our room the night before.
We arrived early and thought we would have a simple lunch "plat du jour" in the hotel restaurant. It was excellent value and only 15 euros. Very generous portions of chicken fricassee and desert. The hotel is set in small but very pretty grounds with fine view of the mountains beyond.
Dinner was also excellent and once again plentiful. The staff were always on hand and immensely helpful.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vamplew
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed at this beautiful hotel last weekend. There were 8 of us, the management and staff were so accommodating to make sure that our stay was the best. I highly recommend this hotel. If you want to escape from the every day toils of life and just chill and relax then this is the place to be. Truly a french gem hidden away from the south of france.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kayte64
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is the fifteenth time I think that I have holidayed here. I guess I must think it perfect ....which I do.
If you are looking for something lively and where English is spoken then dont go here. However if you want a beautiful small very French auberge with superb food and impeccable friendly service then give it a go.
Its not cheap ....but I think good value.
I think that there are about 40 rooms,some with a balcony and pool view and others ground floor,the rest have a mountain view I think.Spotlessly clean and with beautiful white cotton sheets,tv (no english channels)plus kettle and a fridge. The rooms I have had dont have air conditioning however for me this just adds to the charm.
I have taken my son there since he was a baby and he is now 13....they have always always welcomed him.
The pool is wonderful, cushions and beds,umbrellas and tables are all there (with no charge or any of the putting towels on to reserve) It is unheated but wonderful for diving and swimming in.
Meals are generally taken outside when the weather is warm, White umbrellas and whit candles and flowers are on the tables. The gardens are green and lush and have lots of citrus trees with fruit on them.
Food is very French and service excellent,the owners always come around to your dinner table asking how your day was and if dinner is good.
Waiters are French with the exception for the past few years of Raj who is a young Indian waiter who is fluent in English and is gentle polite and cannot do enough to ensure that everything is perfect.
The hotel is located in the hills above Nice about 25 mins from the Promonade Anglais. The road up is very very winding but so worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the Pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pinklady5244
Reviewed 5 August 2012

If you want to escape the bedlam of Nice try this hotel / restaurant. The hotel we did not try but saw rooms and looked good. The restaurant has a lovely quiet setting and the service excellent. Prices very reasonable with good selection of wines and interesting menu. Great waiter by the name of - Raj, he will get stolen one day!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We enjoyed a lovely meal at this restaurant. The ravioli with cepes has to be the best ravioli in the world.... we've never had better. The duck breast poivre was divine and the creme caramel dessert delicious (but unnecessary!). The service could have been a bit better but didn't diminish from a wonderful evening. The price was excellent, given the quality of the food.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexGil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colomars
Hotel Le Servotel Castagniers
#1 of 2 in Levens
Hotel du Clos
Hotel du Clos
#1 of 1 in Le Rouret

Been to Hotel Auberge Du Redier? Share your experiences!