“sicilian hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 41 Scicli B&B and Inns
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“sicilian hospitality”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The B&B itself is comfortable and clean, no super luxury (but super quality for it's price). All things you want (including a fridge) are on the room. Th B&B is located behind the center square of Scicli town, with a lot of stairs going up, which makes it a romantic location. A bit hard to find.
Breakfast is served in a Cafe on the main square of Scicli, close by the B&B, real sicilian style and the best that we had during our ten day's in Sicily. The only thing that did not work great was the Wifi/internet (replace your router Massimo!) But hey, we were on holiday, so who really cares.
Scicli itself is a lovely Baroque village you have to see when you are in Sicily. and it is a great place to stay, located in the centre for visiting Noto, Modica and Rugasa (also a must see).
However, most of all, the B&B owner Massimo is a real joy. He is a very guest oriented and friendly person and does all the effort to make your stay an enjoyable one.
That's why I ( a dutch guy) wrote this in english, so that more people can enjoy B&B Scicli.
Massimo, TnX for your hospitality, we will definitely meet again.

Room Tip: Park your car on the central square and walk in to the small alley'sand side Streets looking for...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Good morning Edwin, a heartfelt thanks to you for your testimony about your stay at the Bed & Breakfast "Scicli," I try to be always meet the needs of my guests, I hope to see you again very soon in Scicli, a hug from me,Massimo.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Central but quiet location, decent and clean room for a reasonable price. A few flights of stairs was a sort of redemption after an exorbitant Sicilian dinner. And the owner, Massimo, was super friendly: coming to rescue us from the maze of streets punctured his tire and... offered a more convenient room for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Good day to you my dear guests, to accidentally punctured tire no problem, things happen, as in your case I put a quieter room still available to you, saw that there was availability, I try to always give the best can my guests, I thank you for your testimony, I hope to see you again very soon as I got to understand, a hug from me, Massimo.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at B & B Scicli for two nights. It's in a great location just off an attractive main square where we had a huge breakfast each morning at the Caffe Sicilia. The B & B is spotless and had everything we needed for a really enjoyable stay. We'd thought of staying at Scicli as a base for exploring Ragusa etc but were surprised at how much Scicli itself had to offer. The owner Massimo couldn't have been more helpful - he's so friendly and made us very welcome. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Katherine and Don good morning, I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful review on Tripadvisor to witness of your stay at the bed and breakfast "Scicli," more guests that you were friends, you really are a very nice couple, I hope to get soon your invitation to come and visit you in England, thank you again with my whole heart, I'll see you soon, a hug from me, Massimo.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Squeaky clean room with all the required necessities at a very reasonable price. The B&B is essentially a refurbished typical home in Scicli, with a number of rooms tucked away up a flight of stairs in a quiet alley. The owner, Massimo, was very welcoming and friendly. He gave us a tourist map with all the attractions in the city and suggested a number of restaurants where one could have a nice meal. Breakfast is in the nearby Caffe Sicilia, and consists of a large plate of pastries, fresh fruit, and beverages on order (we had cappuccinos and freshly squeezed orange juice). After breakfast we had a lengthy chat with the friendly owner of Caffe Sicilia and Massimo, who suggested we try out the traditional Sicilian cuccidatu (savory pastry filled with sausage and ricotta). Overall B&B Scicli was a very nice experience and would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Steven and Lauren good day, are you that you were a really nice couple, in fact I have recommended the "cucciddatu" because it is our typical product of Scicli has made ​​me glad that you enjoyed it, thank you again for your testimony on your stay at the Bed & Breakfast "Scicli," I hope soon to be able to come and visit in Malta, it will be a pleasure to see you again, my best wishes to you all, a hug from me, Massimo.
london
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here for four nights in late February/early March 2014. The setting is brilliant for exploring Scicli - everything is within easy walking distance. Shops and markets are close by, you must try the fish shop on Piazza Italia!

The accommodation is excellent, spotlessly and regularly cleaned it offers more than required. A small kitchen area is good for using food collected from the markets etc. It is missing a sharp knife, but there is a corkscrew!!

Massimo is attentive and greets you warmly at breakfast in the local bar. He quickly resolves issues such as irregular Wi-Fi and has lots of suggestions for visits etc. Breakfast is very good and changes daily in subtle ways

All in all, a great place and we will be back!! Very soon!!!

Les
London

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Good morning, Mr. August, it's really very kind of you to write all this, I personally like to take care of my guests, for any need, thank you again very much for your review on Tripadvisor, see you soon, Massimo.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 January 2014

If you go to Scicli to enjoy the baroque style sights, stay in Massimo's B&B! He will make your stay very enjoyable! Breakfast offered in a nearby cafe is a real sicilian experience with tasty sicilian treats.

Room Tip: We had a room on top of the stairs and it was pretty cool!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Good day Marian, although 4 months away, how could I forget about you, you have spent a wonderful week all over the Val di Noto, admiring all of our magnificent places surrounded by the Sicilian Baroque, thank you again for choosing the B & B "Scicli" for your holiday in Sicily, see you soon, greetings from our beautiful island, Massimo.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed in this B&B last October during our tour around Sicily and this was the best B&B in our trip. Massimo was great, the place was spotless and the breakfast was amazing! We loved Scicli! Highly recommended

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Good morning my dear friends, it was very nice to have you in Scicli during the days of your stay, thank you so much for these beautiful words that make me want to always go forward, I hope to have you back very soon in Scicli, a big hug from me,Massimo.