“Our 2nd time to Christopher hotel”

Christopher St Barth
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse de Lorient
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our 2nd time to Christopher hotel.. and it was better than ever. Great staff, great pool, just easy.. perfect for families. Thank you to Anna for babysitting our little boy.
Sisley spa blissful as always.
The only thing that needs to change are the mattresses need to be upgraded or at least changed.

• Stayed: April 2014
Sebastien M, Directeur général at Christopher St Barth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking your time to post a review on how much you enjoyed your second stay with us! Thank you also for your loyalty!
It is always a delight to read our guests' satisfaction, and we are truly happy that our services and facilities did match your expectations!

We well noted your comments regarding the mattresses, just to confirm we already planned to change part of the mattresses inventory in our guest rooms this year.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Christopher St Barth

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I just returned home from a 5 night stay at the Christopher and I can't Recommend it more highly. My honey took me for my birthday celebration, my first time on St. Barth's, and he definitely got it right. I have friends that visit the island all the time and I'll have to admit our first choice was Eden Roc but thankfully they were sold out. The location, the service, the rooms, all of them were absolutely perfect. My only complaint was our dinner the first night we were there but maybe it should be saved for a different review. Everyone at the hotel from the driver that picked us up at the airport to the concierge to the bartenders at the pool were so genuinely friendly and accommodating that they definitely made our trip. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, the maid service is impeccable and it is all around a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winey1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your really nice comments posted on TripAdvisor, we really appreciate you taking the time to do so.
It has been a real pleasure to welcome you at Hotel Christopher for your birthday.
We are delighted to learn that you deeply appreciated the property and the service.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to the Christopher in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I loved everything about this hotel. Rooms, service, food, location. Also they have a best spa on the island were you get to listen to the waves while getting a treatment. All was perfect and would stay there again. Yes you need a car.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yurgany
Sebastien M, Directeur général at Christopher St Barth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guests,

We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us, and thank you for sharing your experience here on tripadvisor!
We're thrilled to know that you particularly enjoyed our Sisley Spa.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Christopher and we hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third stop on our honeymoon.

We had arrived in St Barths at the decided time. Since we are Swedish, it was surprising to see the French and Swedish flag welcoming us to an airport with only us as the travelers.

We were supposed to be picked up by the hotel, but there wasn't anybody there, and after a wait of about 20mins, I asked a travel agency that I found at the airport, if she could call the hotel and ask them why we weren't being picked up. The hotel staff was very apologetic, and the pickup arrived in ca 7mins.

We arrived 10mins later after a fun and bumpy ride along the St Barths roads. We had a three course dinner that night at the hotel, which was just delicious, one of the best in meals in the sense of the palette and the visual aspect.

Next day we rented a car the hotel provided for ca 40$ a day. None of had our driving license with us, so we asked our friend (at home in Sweden) to take a picture of our driving license and send it to our e-mail. It was scary but fun driving in St Barths. It was like driving on a Mario Gocart track, but in real life. Things weren't that expensive (since we come from Sweden) as we thought. We drove around and even visited a museum of history, were there were more evidence of Sweden present. It was fun to see street names from Sweden.

We went for dinner one nigjt ourside the compound to Eden. The food there was also absolutely fabulous.

Since we were on our honeymoon, we were greeted with champagne and tryffels in our room. Which was much welcomed.

Overall, I loved St Barths and Christopher Hotel.

We'll be back...

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guests,

The team and I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review, as we read every single one.
It is always a delight to read our guests' satisfaction, and we are truly happy that our restaurant Taino did match your expectations!

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Christopher hotel in the future!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for a week at the hotel and I can honestly say that it is worth every penny. The rooms and leisure areas are very nicely decorated and it has one of the best views of the island.
But what really sets this hotel apart it's the staff and the service. It's really amazing they are very kind and funny and are always trying to please WITHOUT being intrusive, really first class.
The restaurant Mango is fantastic for lunch.
The only downside could be that it is not on the beach and it is a little fae away, but you need a car in St Barth anyway.
I wish I can come back soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

First and foremost, we would like to say thank you for the wonderful review that you have shared on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Christopher hotel.

We are truly pleased to read you were extremely satisfied with the staff and service offered by our Team.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Don't walk, run to Christopher for an idyllic getaway you will never forget. The minute my husband and I arrived at the ferry, we knew we were in for an amazing stay.

A uniformed driver was waiting for us upon our arrival with cold drinks and cold towels. Much appreciated after the sweltering boat ride. The ride to Christopher was extremely pleasant and the driver was more than happy to answer our questions and give us more information about our surroundings. He even offered to stop for pictures. I was so impressed when he made a very brief call to the hotel to announce our arrival so that they would be ready for us. And lo and behold there were 2 staff members acknowledging our arrival by name when we pulled up. I thought that was a very nice touch.

The check in process was seamless and we were provided with cocktails while we waited. The lobby is outside and gorgeous.

We checked in very early so our room was not ready but we were offered a room by the lobby to change our clothes and get freshened up. Also a nice touch.

We elected to stay by the pool until our room was ready. The views, the cushioned lounge chairs and the service was outstanding. I can't say enough about it. The view from my very comfortable lounge chair is one that I will not forget in this lifetime. We opted to eat at Mango and the food was quite nice. Make sure you have the fries! ;-)

The beauty did not end by the pool, which is the largest on the island, I'm told. Our ocean view junior suite was unbelievably breathtaking and meticulously prepared. When we walked in we noticed a delicate box of treats hand prepared by the chef to welcome us to the resort. They were so good I opted to purchase another one before I left which the front staff graciously accommodated at a moment's notice.

The view was again spectacular. One which I will never forget. The grounds were perfectly pruned and lush. I can't imagine what type of work goes into keeping that place looking the way it does.

Another point worth mentioning is that the front staff was always doing what they could to fulfill our needs. They provided us with adaptors, called for taxis, made sure our luggage was stored while our room was being prepared. They went above and beyond. Note, if you want to arrange a taxi to go into any of the towns, they do charge a small fee to arrange that for you which we noticed on the final bill. No big deal, but be forewarned.

One quick note about the location. You will need a car or a taxi. You cannot walk to anything. However, that is definitely part of the charm of the resort. It's secluded and meant for relaxation. Just embrace it.

We did not try the spa, but it looked amazing. Next time for sure. Breakfast was included in the room rate and so delicious. Everything you could want including many a la carte options at no extra cost. A nice touch.

I can't wait to return to Christopher. I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Mbglamtravel
Sebastien M, General Manager at Christopher St Barth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your glowing report of your stay with us!

I sincerely hope we will welcome you back in the future.
Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I just arrived from an amazing trip to Saint Barts.
We stayed in THE HOTEL of Saint Barts. From the rooms (we stayed in a terrace garden room) to the restaurant, everything was perfect! They have the best pool on the island and also the best staff ever! Rafael came every morning to the breakfast area just to see how we were doing. All the staff were very friendly and helpful especially the front desk. Especially Paul, he really knows how to well treat a client. Jackson from the bar is funny and the girls from the housekeeping were outstanding. Great team great hotel.
I can’t wait for my next trip to Saint Barts!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelny505
Sebastien M, General Manager at Christopher St Barth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this great review.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us so much, also thank you for the great comments about the staff and restaurants.

We hope to see you next year at the Christopher!

Sebastien Maingourd

The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Hotel Le Toiny
Hotel Le Toiny
#1 of 1 in Toiny

Been to Christopher St Barth? Share your experiences!