“Perfect for after Salines Beach”
Review of Grain De Sel

Grain De Sel
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Salines
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Perfect spot for lunch after Salines Beach. A great atmosphere and great food and reasonable. Great fresh seafood and serious cooking. It is right nest to the parking lot at the beach

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We eat at Grain de Sel at least once on every trip to St Barts: the food is top notch - fresh and tasty, the portions decent and the service friendly. On this occasion there was also live music from The Tremendous Johnson Blues Band.

We had a great time and everybody else looked like they were too. Great food, great music and just a five minute walk from a fantastic beach... What more could someone want?

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you go to Saline Beach, which is a must while in St Barth's, you should have lunch at Grain de Sel, just at the entrance to the beach. I've been several times and it never disappoints. Food is fresh and excellent. Service is great, but slightly slow because it's so popular and tends to be busy. Nonetheless, service is always friendly. Definitely worth a visit for a tasty lunch and a beer or glass of wine while visiting the beach.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I swear they fly in all their fresh food and vegi's everyday. We love a beer and a burger at this spot. We then walk to Saline Beach right after.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I get spoiled by the restaurants on St Barths as every meal is just excellent. My expectations get really high. Unfortunately, Grain De Sel was just an average experience for food, service, and views.

We stopped for a late lunch leaving Grande Saline Beach. We were seated in a covered yet out doors area and we were subjected to the worst of European slow. I almost felt we we're being discriminated against because of our obvious Americanness as I saw Euros getting food and drinks much faster than us. I'm not an American complaining because of slow European service. I get slow…but this was really slow...

The menu was nice and varied between salads and heavier meat items. I selected a chicken salad keeping in mind that European chicken salad is just what it sounds like: Strips of chicken served over lettuce. The flavors were excellent and I enjoyed the meal. It was described as creole style but I really didn't taste much that I thought was creole. But it was good. The wine was average

Then we waited and waited for our check. I would not recommend this restaurant.

HINT: It is convenient to Grande Saline which makes it useful as a casual lunch location. Just don't expect a fast turn-around.

1  Thank Craig A