This mountain retreat in the Virgin portfolio is reached in about 45 minutues by car from Marrakech. It is a sophisticated and beautifully landscaped castellated property set in the Asni area overlooking a valley to a neighbouring Berber village. Although the superior rooms we requested to see at the end of our visit were delightful, we were actually upgraded on arrival to a Berber tent with its own patio and jaccuzi; this tent was spacious and sumptously equipped if slightly draughty. In addition to the heating system, there were already 2 free-standing heaters available which were used throughout our stay as the weather was indeed chilly even during sunny periods! There was an electrical failure (during heavy rain) to the tent which was duly rectified; the wi-fi conection in the tent area was flakey and actually packed in irredeemably on the last of our 4 nights.The staff were phenominal in that they were mostly local Berbers who acquitted themselves in every task with the greatest perfection and courtesy; this is a tribute to the training provided by the Kasbah and the high standard of staff and material management. Because of the isolated position, the only practical dining option is to enjoy the Kasbah's beautiful dining room, its excellent food and meticulous service. The dining, lounge and library areas were warmed by well tended open olive wood fires. Outdoor activities are speedily arranged via the desk; our trek took us to a Berber village and some stunning views on the way. Adjacent to the landscaped gardens, there is an animal enclosure with camels, goats etc which are all beautifully tended. There is a small Berber shop attached to the perimeter wall of the property; it is clear that the Kasbah has also served the local community very well. We cannot wait to return albeit slightly later than a February.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kasbah Tamadot is Sir Richard Branson's award-winning retreat situated in the spectacular Atlas Mountains in Morocco. Each of the 28 rooms and suites has been individually decorated to reflect the beautiful architecture of the building and features antiques from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Kasbah Tamadot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kasbah Tamadot Asni
- Kasbah Tamadot Hotel Asni
- Kasbah Tamadot Morocco/Asni