The location and the property are stunning. While it is outside the city it is an easy commute into Marrakech.
For me the perfect balance in a vacation is the ability to see new sights but also have some time to relax. The property location high atop a cliff outside the city made for a peaceful oasis from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. At night, without the noise or light pollution from the city, all you could here was the rushing of the water in the creek at the bottom of the gorge over which the Kasbah stood, and all you could see in the sky was the most amazing blanket of stars. Peaceful would be a gross understatement.
The hotel is well located to take advantage of many hiking/trekking trails. If you prefer to relax and do nothing the hotel is well suited for that also. The pool is lovely, the hamman and spa services wonderful, and there is a library stocked with books, DVDs, and I believe videos.
I noticed on some of the other reviews that some people did not rate the food strongly. This is quite contrary to my experience. All the meals I had at the hotel were lovely and I had many of them. The offerings at breakfast were plentiful. There was a lovely buffet of breads and cereals, fruit, juices, meats and cheeses and if that wasn't enough there was a menu to order from. The lunch menu was quite nice, particularly the mezze plate and the heavenly chocolate pot de creme. Lunching on the terrace with friends and a bottle of white wine was truly sublime. As for the dinners passing the night away under the stars was idyllic. All the dinners myself and my friends tried were quite good. In particular we very much enjoyed the Berber dinner they have one night a week (Tuesday, I believe) were local artisans come in and display there wares for sale.
For as much as I was eating, fortunately there is also a gym. It is convenient if you want to get a quick run in before going out for the day or before dinner.
This property fit the order for new sights and relaxation perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kasbah Tamadot is Sir Richard Branson's award-winning retreat situated in the spectacular Atlas Mountains in Morocco. Each of the 28 rooms and suites has been individually decorated to reflect the beautiful architecture of the building and features antiques from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Kasbah Tamadot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kasbah Tamadot Asni
- Kasbah Tamadot Hotel Asni
- Kasbah Tamadot Morocco/Asni