“L&P Lover first time visit”
Review of L&P Cafe & Bar

L&P Cafe & Bar
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Paeroa
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being an ex-pat Kiwi that grew up on L&P, I had to stop here on my way out of the country. Was not what I expected. I thought there might have been more L&P displays or information, but there was one little cabinet with some bottles and cans in the entrance lobby. Would have been good to see the history of the drink, some photos or such of the factory, but alas, no.

The food was great, but so very slow... loved the L&P milkshake! My wife loved the creamy mushrooms and steak, but it took forever to get her one piece of toasted bread. We were told the one chef was slammed, hence the delay. I think they need more staff or learn to be more efficient. As we left a large group of school kids arrived, so I pity those still left waiting...

Reviewed 5 September 2018

we came to this place on thursday after deciding not to dine at 131 due to lack of service and unattentive staff! s.. the small indian girl was just eating and on the phone instead of serving...

however visited this place and our food was amazing with excellent service!
will def return back here on our visit to paeroa again!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We came for Saturday lunch and found a very limited choice in the cabinets, I ordered a toasted sandwich which took forever to come, my friends had virtually finished their fries, pies and coffees and I ordered before them! Cake slice ordinary but coffee was good. $7 for a small bowl of fries and $4.50 for a very ordinary ham and cheese toastie was expensive. Good for parking but wouldn't return.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Visited late afternoon on a Sunday. Virtually no food left. Ordered a slice - ok, and a piece of Quiche. The quiche was partially microwave heated and not particularly digestible. This should be an iconic New Zealand Cafe but needs to lift the game considerably

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My partner and I called in here foe a luncheon . We decided on the mixed platter share plate. The onion rings were superb but the undeniable star of this generous portioned serving was the chicken tenders wrapped in their own in house special coating . The tenders were just so tasty. To say more would spoil your surprise . I will be going back to have more next time I am in Paeroa .
The setting is pleasant and spacious staff are friendly and helpful.