“Oh My GOODNESS !!!”

Add it.
Star Food Cafe
Ranked #24 of 38 Restaurants in Matamata
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We dropped-in for a late lunch nibble and soup and thought it would be no big deal as from outside the place looks modest and unprepossessing and we hoped good value . .

Well ! :)))))))))

The younger woman who attended to us was super friendly and charming and just lovely. The pricing is THE BEST in town (as we had walked around for an hour checking all the places out

The tables and chairs were absolutely spotless

The soup (pumpkin on this day) was THE MOST YUMMY GOURMET pumpkin soup I have ever had in my life (66 years of it) lol

The courtesy lightly toasted warm one inch thick GOURMET BREAD was also in the same category

All for eight dollars each

AMAZING ! ! ! !

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner and ended up coming back for breakfast too. Great Thai food plus simple affordable kids meals. Very friendly serveice

1  Thank Shaz B
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Had a brief lunch at the first cafe we could find a park outside. Doesn't look that flash inside or out really but the food and coffee is fantastic! Really yummy and reasonably priced. The service was great, especially the lady who I believe may be the owner. It is now my regular whenever I pass through Matamata.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

After booking at another restaurant I town, turning up only to be told that our table was given to someone with kids because it was inside (mind you, we have a three month old with us) we decided not to sit outside in the cold and take our chances on a little cafe we seen earlier.
In we walked and were greeted by a lovely lady who welcomed us with almost opened arms lol.
Here I was thinking I was going to have a schnitty and salad when on the reverse side of the menu was THAI, OMG THAI.
I ordered the green curry and my partner ordered won ton pad Thai and I do need to say, it was sooooooo much better than any Thai that I've had in Australia, the chef was so very modest about her cooking, with no reason to be, it was phenomenal. The other thing was the price, I'm pretty sure we only paid around $15 each meal so really good value for money.

We are stopping here on the way home lol

1  Thank Connie and Cher... M
Reviewed 2 September 2016

It took me years of being in Matamata to finally try this place. It isn't too flash decor-wise so I never gave it a thought. A friend raved about it recently so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've been there nearly 10 times in the last 2 months. I always order off the Asian menu and it appears to be mostly Thai. The chefs are Thai and, good god, they do great work. I've tried the green curry (chicken), a flat noodle chicken dish, spring rolls, cashew beef etc etc. Amazing. Great and talented chefs, and friendly wait-staff. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Shmir23