“Lovely motel with one concern”
Review of Rosetown Motel

Rosetown Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Te Awamutu
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nice, friendly all around motel. Check-in was a breeze and the gentleman who checked us in was super friendly. There were 5 of us traveling so we had a 2 bedroom unit. Beds were super comfy, great pillows. Kitchen is bit dated but very functional and clean.

My only concern, the shower. We were traveling with my 75 year old mother-in-law. She declined to take a shower at the motel for two reasons. The step to get in and out of the shower was too high for her. Also, the shower had a metal bottom (stainless steel maybe?). When it got wet and then covered with soap, it was very slippery!! We did found a floor mat for the shower under the bathroom sink but it was old and icky looking, not something I wanted to put my feet on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PolskaMama4
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for your review and bringing my attention to the bathmat and shower in your unit.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience that your mother-in-law was subjected to. The bath mats don't get used very often and I hadn't noticed how old and dated they were. I am now replacing them all with new ones.

The showers do have quite a high step into them which can be difficult for older folk. I am working my way through the motel and redesigning the showers by dropping the step down to floor level so that they will be safer to use. The stainless steel base will be replaced with a white base which are now available, so we shouldn't have this problem again.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at the Rosetown Motel on a Sunday in July because my flight was cancelled. They had 1 room available, and I took it. I checked in about 6:30 pm, and the staff were absolutely wonderful. They helped me with everything, and went above and beyond all expectations continuously! They helped me with my internet, even offering to let me use a personal computer when mine wasn't working. They also advised me on where I could get food sent in, as I did not have a vehicle. With their help, I managed to book another flight leaving Hamilton very early the next morning. They gave me numbers to call to book a shuttle or taxi to the airport, but when NOT ONE shuttle was available on such short notice, and the Taxi company was closed (as it was Sunday), the owner drove to the taxi driver's house to see if he'd be willing to take me. She said if he wasn't, then she would. Thanks to her, I had a restful night, and caught my flight out the next day. These people truly care about their customers!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your transport problems and I am so pleased that everything was resolved so that you could have a good nights sleep before continuing your journey.
Best regards
Cheryl

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My family and extended family stayed here and it was absolutely wonderful as was the rooms and the service we received. Prior to going to Te Awamutu I was in contact with Cheryl over our requirements as we had a family function in town and there were 6 family's that were coming from Auckland and Rotorua. Cheryl was great accommodated us all and even where one big family needed a double unit we were given the option of two rooms at a discounted price. When we got there we were welcomed by Cheryl's lovely sister and she made sure everything was ready for us. She told us to use the BBQ pull it out into the courtyard if we wanted and if we needed to swap dishes around from room to room we could do that and they would just put them back in the morning, she really made us feel like we were at home it was great!!!! Lovely stay wish it could of been for longer next time I'm in TA I will stay here again for sure and I would recommend this accommodation to anyone that wants to be in a home away from home LOVELY!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your comments. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the Rosetown Motel and that my sister took good care of you whilst I was away. It is lovely to see families getting together and taking advantage of the facilities we have to offer as our aim is to provide that home away from home atmosphere where everyone can relax and have a good time. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

With the help of the owner of the Albert Park Motel we arrived at the Rosetown. We received a lovely welcome from Cheryl and felt at home straight away. The unit was very comfortable with everything we needed.Cheryl was also kind enough to book our next Motel, which was a great help. I can not recommend The Rosetown Motel too highly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jann W
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Jan it was so nice to see you when you arrived and I am pleased you found everything to your satisfaction. It is always nice to meet new people and be able to provide them with a warm and friendly welcome and do everything we can to make the journey a pleasant experience. I hope you enjoyed the next motel and you had a great trip back home. Hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

After a long day driving this was a welcome stop. Very welcoming, helpful and obliging hostess (we needed a freezer and she let us use hers). The unit was very clean and had all the items needed to be self sufficient. Would be a great spot from which to base oneself while seeing the region

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that our motel met your expectations and we managed to keep your frozen goods in tact for another day. I hope they arrived home in perfect condition. It was fun chatting to you and comparing bucket lists - who knows, we may meet again on one of the journeys we plan to do. Enjoy your travels.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

It is easy to see why this motel is "#1 of 2 motels in Te Awamutu." Very comfortable beds and fully functional kitchen for those light meals self prepared.
We were a party of 4 this time. Kids were in tow. Murphy's Law, we needed a room the same weekend as motels in the area were heavily booked due to a rowing regatta.
However, we were placed in a one bedroom unit with a rollaway bed in a corner of the dining area. Suited our needs perfectly.
But we were changed to a two bedroom unit halfway through our stay. All we had to do was pack our stuff and the motel staff sorted out the changing of rooms whilst we were out and about. Talk about amazing service.

The showers are hot, beds are amazingly comfortable and come with two pillows per person (a lot of motels only give you one each which is never enough and I end up always having to ask for more). Bedside lamp on each side of the queen size bed. The kitchens are fully kitted out and the rooms are all very clean. Plenty of soft fluffy towels. Flat screen TVs with plenty of channels to choose from.

I didn't really notice the road noise as the rooms seem quite quiet once you close them up for the night.

Hosts friendly as always. I really recommend this motel for a good nights rest if you are in the area. Looking forward to our next stay here whenever that might be :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our motel. It is always interesting to see what guests expect and appreciate when they are staying away from home. The quality of the linen, the home comforts like bedside lamps and extra pillows etc are high on your list and I am pleased that we met your expectations. I do look forward to seeing you on your next visit where you will be very welcome.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a lovely little motel. An excellent welcome and very helpful owners. Little swimming pool was very welcome after a long day motorcycling !!
The only downside s the noisy road. It s a dairy town and the milk tankers pass day and night .

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the road as possible