“Great Stay”
Review of Rosetown Motel

Rosetown Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Te Awamutu
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked with a large group for a wedding and were welcomed by the lovely Cheryl to our accommodation.
The rooms were cosy on a winters nights - thanks to Cheryl for putting on the heaters before our arrival. The rooms were clean, tidy and very well stocked.
Not far from town or the golf course. Would definitely recommend Rosetown Motel as a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Everything about staying at this motel was easy. Cheryl was very kind and helpful and she even turned the heater on in our room before we arrived as it was quite cold out.
There were a lot of us staying in the motel for a wedding and she was happy with us slowly checking out as we had a very big night the night before!
The rooms were clean and comfortable. A lovely little stay in Te Awamutu!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just a note to express my gratitude for the understanding that was received from management, with their decision not to charge for an extra night after my son stayed with them for 3 nights following the breakdown of his car. We were advised that he would need to pay an extra night after checking out after 10am. He did try to advise but only found a staff member to speak to.

I recommend this Motel as honourable people..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stopped here enroute Waitomo - Auckland. Very adequate and reasonbaly priced and looking around the area is probably one of the best VFM motels to stay in. The rooms are pretty large and all the systems worked well inlcuding a small amount of free wifi.
Manager/Owner was very helpful and pointed us towards an excellent fish and chip shop close by.

All in all just what we expected and perfect for what we needed.

Recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 1 January 2014

As an ex Executive Housekeeper I have very high standards with the cleanliness of an accommodation provider. Rosetown Motel didn't disappoint and I have nothing but good things to say. From my reservation, check in, stay and check out the service was friendly, helpful and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and the bedding of a very high quality. I will certainly be staying at Rosetown Motel during future visits to TA. Thanks to you and the HK team for the wonderful service you provide.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bumblb22
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nice, friendly all around motel. Check-in was a breeze and the gentleman who checked us in was super friendly. There were 5 of us traveling so we had a 2 bedroom unit. Beds were super comfy, great pillows. Kitchen is bit dated but very functional and clean.

My only concern, the shower. We were traveling with my 75 year old mother-in-law. She declined to take a shower at the motel for two reasons. The step to get in and out of the shower was too high for her. Also, the shower had a metal bottom (stainless steel maybe?). When it got wet and then covered with soap, it was very slippery!! We did found a floor mat for the shower under the bathroom sink but it was old and icky looking, not something I wanted to put my feet on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PolskaMama4
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for your review and bringing my attention to the bathmat and shower in your unit.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience that your mother-in-law was subjected to. The bath mats don't get used very often and I hadn't noticed how old and dated they were. I am now replacing them all with new ones.

The showers do have quite a high step into them which can be difficult for older folk. I am working my way through the motel and redesigning the showers by dropping the step down to floor level so that they will be safer to use. The stainless steel base will be replaced with a white base which are now available, so we shouldn't have this problem again.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed at the Rosetown Motel on a Sunday in July because my flight was cancelled. They had 1 room available, and I took it. I checked in about 6:30 pm, and the staff were absolutely wonderful. They helped me with everything, and went above and beyond all expectations continuously! They helped me with my internet, even offering to let me use a personal computer when mine wasn't working. They also advised me on where I could get food sent in, as I did not have a vehicle. With their help, I managed to book another flight leaving Hamilton very early the next morning. They gave me numbers to call to book a shuttle or taxi to the airport, but when NOT ONE shuttle was available on such short notice, and the Taxi company was closed (as it was Sunday), the owner drove to the taxi driver's house to see if he'd be willing to take me. She said if he wasn't, then she would. Thanks to her, I had a restful night, and caught my flight out the next day. These people truly care about their customers!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Robcol2, Owner at Rosetown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your transport problems and I am so pleased that everything was resolved so that you could have a good nights sleep before continuing your journey.
Best regards

Glow Worm Motel
Glow Worm Motel
#2 of 5 in Waitomo Caves
Otorohanga and Waitomo Motels

Been to Rosetown Motel? Share your experiences!