“Great food”

Ranked #34 of 78 Restaurants in Paraparaumu
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Jan and her team do the very best mushrooms and bacon on toast - so much so I never try anything else. Lashings of everything and beautifully cooked just as I like it. My husband often has a great full English-type breakfast there and is a fan also. Unpretentious, pleasant people, and Jan's lovely artwork - all terrific.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I took a drive from Wellington up the Kapiti Coast and was looking for a place to eat. I stopped at Paraparaumu Beach hoping to find something nice. The offering did not look great - after considering all the options, I decided to give Jan's Cafe and Bistro a try. The menu is vast and when I entered, the atmosphere is only ok, but the woman who greeted me was lovely - so friendly and very willing to be flexible on what she could make me. I settled on a fresh chicken (smoked) sandwich with salad - but somehow I had my doubts. I was totally wrong - the sandwich was lovely - beautiful fresh rye bread, smoked chicken and lovely fresh salad. How wrong could I have been!! Jan, I am so sorry to have ever doubted you! I recommend this place. There is Jan's artwork allover the walls for sale also. Coffee here is also great - give it a try.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Coffee here is superb! Meals are on the pricey side but you do get value for your money. The seafood chowder is sensational & my other fav is the good old
scrambled egg cooked by Rachel.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I just love this place! The nicest coffee and lovely muffins. Friendly and quick service.
The brunch is almost too much to eat.
Love to sit outside on a sunny saturday morning after shopping at the nearby market. Nice view on Kapiti Island.
Don't forget to have a look at the beautiful paintings Jan makes from the Kapiti coast!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

The breakfasts are surperb, try them! Enjoyed a birthday brunch there recently and was very impressed with the food, very generous portions and all very tasty. Will certainly be going back there.