“poor understanding & respect for customer. bad food & service”

Muang Thai Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 77 Restaurants in Paraparaumu
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 November 2013

On arrival we were greeted with pungent chilli all through restaurant which made most people cough and my nose run continuously.The entrance door had to be propped open to get rid of it and it was quite a windy evening, so not appreciated. As we waited for our friends I had to ask for water after a ten minute wait.
I am coeliac so consulted with the waitress regarding starters that were ok and she said the stuffed chicken wings were fine, for the main I picked a dish that had flat rice noodles and checked there was no flour in the sauce which was a peanut sauce.
The 2 men ordered mains that had rice with them, this arrived in a glutinous lump which was very difficult to get a spoon into to transfer to plates. My female friend ordered a dish with "crispy pork", this consisted of 5 pieces of pork only which was mostly fat and inedible. Upon paying we complained, when asked about losing customers we were told she "didnt care"! I have spent all day in bed in great pain and have wasted my sunday - NEVER AGAIN! I suspect the noodles?

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Because of the good reviews my two girlfriends and I decided to dine here, initially we were a little worried as we were the only ones dinning in (Thursday night). Our meals arrived and with one taste we all agreed the Muang Thai was a very good choice. I had a red curry and it was very tasty, I think I'd even go as far as to say it was the best thai curry I've tasted. If you don't mind a small no fuss style of restaurant then I'd definately recommend - the food was superb.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Arrived Mid week after the movies with the whole family the closed sign was up but there were people still seated so we were let in and what a lovely treat we had quiet a mix as two of us are Vegos and 1 not spicy and the rest like it hot. We have all travelled to Thailand and all thought this is the best Thai food we've had seen being there . Enjoy Enjoy!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We are regular diners at Muang Thai and whether there is just the two of us or a group of six the service and food is always excellent. It is one of our first choices for taking overseas visitors. Pricing is exceptionally good value.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We dined here at Easter. the service was very slow, but it was busy so that is to be expected. Only one waitress was on and I definitely think they needed another waitress. The food was very good. The portions were smaller than other thai Ive had, but it was good. My elderly parents never usually finish a meal when they eat out as they are small eaters but easily ate the meal and desert here. It was more expensive than I usually pay for thai food. My favourite was the coconut ice cream desert. That was absolutely devine and the best i have had. My biggest complaint was that our group were seated and had been ready to order for a while. But the waitress then took the order first for another table who arrived after us. They then received all their meals before us and we were quite tired and hungry. I think this was quite rude, and it appeared the other table were locals so we were treated better. The tomato juice was very bland with no spice, and no pepper. But other drinks were fine.

1  Thank nzp0ppy