“Yearly attendees”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Yearly attendees”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Generally the plays are related to local history (95% of the time). The venue isn't the most comfortable because of the plastic chairs but then it is an outdoor theatre. It is a joy to see youth involvement and the talent in the area. Dr. Barnardo is my fave as well as the Killing game (sorry if title isn't quite right) and Rob Winslow was terrific but he really shouldn't cameo in every production.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Karen H

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A reliable good time, with a view”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I've been to about ten 4th Line performances and thoroughly enjoyed eight or nine of them - making it a better bet for an enjoyable (though much humbler) theatre experience than the Stratford and Shaw festivals, in my opinion. 4th Line is community-based theatre supplemented by professional talent, with mostly original scripts that are directly relevant to life in the Millbrook, Ontario area. The performances are outdoors in a beautiful farm setting that you can enjoy before and after the play ... and even during it. Bring your own food so you can dine in the covered, licensed picnic area before the show, or order a picnic meal in advance (I've never tried that). This is a reliable country getaway if you live in the big city, or meaningful entertainment if you live or have a cottage within an hour of Millbrook.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank MartinCATO
Lakefield, Canada
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great shows in a natural setting!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Just saw the show "Queen Marie". I have seen 3 other plays here in previous years as well - all very well done for community theatre. The location is a bit out of the way if you are coming from PTBO, so make sure to give yourself enough time.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Last year I would have rated it excellent....”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have had the pleasure of visiting the 4th Line Theater many times over the last few years. Living locally this is a summer event my husband and I have looked forward to. We have been to many shows and rave about them to anyone who will listen. What is the point of going to Toronto when you can enjoy a live show right here in your own back yard?
This past weekend we went to see Queen Marie. Honestly I was very disappointed. Don't get me wrong some of the actor/actresses were great. What really did it for me were the number of females who had to dress up like males to fill the rolls. This may sound petty to some, but others in our sitting area felt the same things. It ruined it for me. These were the volunteer teenagers who took on these parts. It is a shame they could not find males to fill the roles. I really think it would have made the difference for me.
The last few season's I never noticed this to such a great extent. After last years final show I could not wait for this season. I hope that Queen Marie is not paving the way of the future for the 4th Line. I will definately give it another try and hope that I can continue to rave about our hidden gem to others again

Visited July 2012
Millbrook, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First Class Theatre”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

4th Line Theater offers first class plays. When travelling in the Millbrook area, be sure to take the time to check out this theatre and if you have the opportunity to see a play. Should not be missed!

Visited August 2011