“Winter fun!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Winter fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

We reserved 3 hours of snowmobiling and 1 hour of dogsledding, plus a van picked us up and took us back to Chateau Frontenac. Snowmobiling was a lot of fun. The scenery was breathtaking. After we finished snowmobiling, about an hour later, we went dogsledding. We had experienced dogsledding previously in Huntsville, Ontario where the landscape was mostly flat. Here there was a lot of hills and dogs simply couldn't pull the sled uphill. My husband had to run and push the first half of our ride and I thought he would have a heart attack. I had to get out of the sled a couple of times going uphill. We simply weren't prepared for that kind of dogsledding. We switched for the second half and the trail got a bit better. I still had to push the sled a few times because there is no way the dogs could pull it by themselves. Overall it wasn't bad, but they should warn people that they would have to run with the dogs. Dogsledding in Ontario was way better. Almost forgot - be careful with their space heaters. There was one in the changing room right next to a bench. Our friend didn't notice this little heater and put his jacket on the bench. The jacket caught on fire. An employee noticed it burning, picked it up quickly and brought it to us. She made it look like it was entirely our fault. They should put big warnings next to these heaters. Also, if you want to buy your dogsledding pictures, make sure you ask for them right away. We figured it out a bit late when our ride was already waiting outside and had to wait for 20 minutes for 11 pictures to download. The computer they have there is very very old and slow. I regretted I didn't have my flash drive with me. I have to say that all the people were very nice and friendly. The place is very popular considering a huge crowd that showed up in the afternoon.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank svetsp

Richmond, Virginia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Dog- sledding was an amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Our Musher, Luke, was great- had a fabulous- it was an exciting experience for the whole family- Will not forget this experience ever!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank lisa d
NJ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Need more warnings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

My experience would have been better if we were given better instruction and tips. I did not realize or know how slippery the footing was on the sled. I slipped and was actually hanging onto on the sled with my body dragging. The dogs of course don't always stop when you tell them to so it was a pretty scary experience. We were a big group and I know I was not the only one who had this type of experience either.

Luckily I didn't do the uphill part of the course (my boyfriend and I switched being driver and passenger haflway), but dog sledding in indeed a hard sport. You really need to be fit to walk/run to help the dogs and sled up the hills. If the dogs can support you and the sled on a small uphill let them do it and reserve your energy for bigger uphills later.
We stopped a lot along the trail and being able to keep that nice distance between each other was hard.

There was a photographer on site and she took pictures of each of us. Later you were able to buy these pictures at the store.

My friend (the bride-to-be having her wedding the next day!) also got injured by another instructor coming around the bend after we all parked our sleds. As she got out on the only side she could get out of (we all parked on either the right or left of the hill), the instructor came with his dogs and sled and she got her leg caught up in the harnesses connecting the dogs and sprained her ankle.
From what I could tell there was no sort of compensation or much sympathy for her except giving her a snow mobile ride back to the store.

Visited March 2012