Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Marsh Harbour
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've been to this resort around 5 times and every time I've been back the consistency has been the same. I love this resort!! Sure it's a little expensive BUT your in the Bahamas. I'd rather be here than Nassau. Not that there is a problem with Nassau but I like the quaint low key vibe of The Abaco Beach Resort. I can relax get a nice cold drink, eat a great Filet and Lobster, smoke a cigar and go fishing. I really don't think life gets any better than that. Oh yeah and the rooms are as big if not bigger than the rooms in Nassau. Vacation is about relaxing and If I go back to the Bahamas you will find me at the Bar by the pool with a cigar and a smile at The Abaco Beach Resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank erik a
There are newer reviews for Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Wow, I have only great rants to say about this place. I have stayed there a few times now while visiting the area on business. This place is the big dog of the islands. My wife is always unhappy about the locations we go to because there is no sand on the beaches, just rocks. The resort has one of the best beaches we have encountered in the islands. The food quality is so good I had to slow down my eating because I gained six pound in a week!
For the staff there, dang man I wish I could bring them home, these guys work very hard to keep us happy and it shows in their work how much they like it. I am not sure why anyone would stay anywhere else but trust me, once you stay there you will want to come back. I refer any and all my friends to the resort and have never had one come back with a bad experience.

Room Tip: oh yea, you need to check out the view from room 255 but don't be in there when I come back less...
1  Thank Copoutfishing
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We visited Abaco Beach Resort 3 weeks ago. The experience was first class. From check in to check out, there was attention to detail. The food, the staff and the room was great! Can't wait to come back....Love the swim up bar stools at the outdoor pool!

3  Thank DestinationBahamas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I had been busy at our jobs for months and were looking for a quick getaway. A friend recommended ABR and we caught a short flight to Abaco. It was our first but not last trip to Abaco. The folks at ABR couldn't have been more friendly. The rooms were far more than we had anticipated both in comfort and in how well taken care of they were. We were there only 3 nights on this trip but are planning a longer stay later this year. If you need a break, check the Abaco Beach Resort out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor... GREAT ocean views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I do not even know where to begin....do I first start with the old and dated rooms that had sand in the sheets the first night we climbed into bed! Or do I start with the $$ watered down cocktails, or the $20 breakfast buffet that was a total joke with food similar to a gas station and the staff at breakfast.... So rude! The gym...wow... 1 of the 3 treadmills barely worked. The treadmill was older than me.....and trust me I notified the front desk of the broken equipment...and was told of course "engineering" will work on it! Didn't happen! Box TV...omg! Trust me, do not waist your vacation days and time!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevie T, Guest Relations Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

We deeply apologize for your experience and thank you for your feedback. Providing each and every guest with a quality experience is something we take great pride in and for which our beautiful destination Resort is known. The points you raised are very concerning and are so contrary to the wonderful experience our guests typically enjoy. I would love to have you stay with us again so you can truly experience why people have been coming to Abaco Beach Resort again and again for generations. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and invite you to contact me directly. - Kevie Thomas

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed for 5 days in May. Was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were huge, clean, AC worked great, bathrooms were updated, water pressure good, food was great & marina great.

All staff was friendly & helpful.

Only con is not on prettiest beach, but still a nice little beach there.

Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Room closer to beach with own pool & fitness center was good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trvlchnnl
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I am a pilot and stay here frequently. This is a beautiful property with a great cove beach and marina. The staff is friendly but it is the Bahamas and you do have to factor that into your expectations. Bahamians pretty much don't care. The place could be burning down with a pool right next door and no one would go get a bucket.

After my taxi dropped me off at the reception area, they gave me a room and directions to it. The room was about 250 yards away. Not a single offer of help or a lift in a golf cart to the building. Bahamians are not wired that way. If you want it, you have to ask for it.

The hotel restaurant Anglers is good and very expensive. Entree's range from $16 to $35. Soup is $9, so is a salad. Breakfast is $18 for an omelette.

Best place to eat off property is Wally's Restaurant. There is a supermarket named Maxwell's.

Rooms are nice. Very low water pressure. OLD TV's.

I wish them well, it was empty when I stayed there last week....What a waste.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the center of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Captain814
Kevie T, Guest Relations Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our top priority is providing you with exceptional service and we are sorry to hear that you experienced anything less than that. Please know that we are addressing your concerns with our staff and should you choose to stay with us in the future please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve upon your stay and we will address it immediately. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsh Harbour
Bahama Beach Club
Bahama Beach Club
#2 of 2 in Treasure Cay
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort

Been to Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina? Share your experiences!