My husband and I just returned from staying at the Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina. We were there from June 19 - 23, 2014. I was there to see what the hotel offered and enjoy the sites of The Abacos. What an incredible experience. The staff was very welcoming and knew our names after the first time we met them. The resort has many different room types to fit all needs, yet is a boutique hotel in that this is a smaller property with 89 rooms. I was impressed with the variety of plants and trees, which was in typical tropical island paradise style. The marina was an added bonus to see the beautiful boats and speak with the crew coming in from a long day of fishing. The rooms are spacious and homey with renovations going on to make them even nicer. In addition to the hotel rooms, they have what is called The Residences. This is a group of condo like homes, which can be purchased and then rented out to others coming for business or vacation. These homes are beautifully decorated and offer you a perfect respite after a nice relaxing, fun filled day. The food was amazing and I let the diet go, which was well worth it. I had heard previously their costs were high, but I do not find that to be a truth. I thought the presentation and quality on their plates was moderately priced considering the love and taste I experienced. The view from our room was stunning and all rooms look out onto the ocean, so you don't have to worry about looking onto a parking lot or a garden. Most resorts I have been to throughout the Caribbean or anywhere for that matter have premium views at a premium cost, but this isn't the case at this spectacular property. Shopping was a short walk outside of the property for those who are looking for that special island souvenier to bring home for themselves and others, but they do have a gift shop on property if you don't have a wandering spirit. We were able to take two days on a boat to visit other nearby islands and see what they offered as well. The ocean conditions were mild since they are surrounded by an extensive reef system. I was able to do some snorkeling on a private beach and while boating we even had two of our guides dive for some fresh conch for us. They prepared homemade conch salad for us right on the boat. One thing I was thrilled about was being able to take my conch shell home and once thoroughly cleaned will be a centerpiece in my collection. One of the nights we were treated to a bon fire right on the beach which was definitely a highlight. I also found a few coconuts and asked about cracking them for drink mixtures. The staff was kind enough to let me know just how to find the best ones. I had ones that wouldn't have been very tasty, so they went on a hunt for a few and came back and prepared them for us right at our table! The local establishments had a great mixture of locals and tourists like me all enjoying great drinks and food. The property doesn't have a spa, per say, but they can arrange to have amenities brought in for a massage at the beach or in your room. They also offer many of the other spa treatments to be brought in. The sites, sounds and tastes made for memories of a lifetime. I highly recommend this property and look forward to going back when I have the time. Whether you need a place for a meeting, a couples retreat or family reunion, they can offer it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since it's inception in 1955 Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina has had the pleasure of welcoming back generations of loyal guests and families who continue to make the pilgrimage to Great Abaco Bahamas part of a storied family tradition. Simply and affectionately known as "Boat Harbour" to boating enthusiasts, Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina has become a legend as one of the best resort for individual and family vacations and boating enthusiast in the Bahamas. Thousands of beach loving vacationers and boaters return year round to rekindle old traditions and create their own uniquely Bahamian experiences. Located less than 165 miles east off the coast of Florida and situated on 40 beautifully tropical acres along the tranquil Sea of Abaco, the Abaco Beach Resort is the gateway to the World's finest fishing, eco-adventure excursion, historical island settlements and an abundance of aquatic activities. Experienced boaters and novices alike can chart their own course making stops at the surrounding offshore cays and pristine barrier islands that are just waiting to be explored. With a variety of activities ranging from island-hopping, kayaking, paddle boats, snorkeling, yoga, and water aerobics and diving to shopping and dining, The Abacos offer the perfect sanctuary for every type of aquatic and tropical island adventure. Our resort boost more than 89 guest rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, fitness center, 2 pool and is home to the largest marina in the Bahamas with 200 slips that can accommodate boats up to 200 feet in length. The resort concierge provides all the necessary amenities to assist boaters with preparations for a magnificent day on the water. Marina services include 24-hour security, Internet, TV, full detailing and cleaning, electricity and fueling services seven days a week, 365 days a year as well as on-site customs and immigration clearance. Whether planning a getaway for a family vacation, destination wedding, and corporate incentive trip or boating trip the Abaco Beach Resort is the ideal location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaco Beach Resort At Boat Harbour Hotel Marsh Harbour
- Abaco Beach Marsh Harbour
- Abaco Beach Resort And Boat Harbour Marina Abaco Islands/Marsh Harbour, Bahamas