“Wonderful escape home”
Arial of The Nutty Mermaid-Your Own Private Beach!
The Nutty Mermaid from seaside Early sunrise! Magnificent!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Nutty Mermaid from seaside
Early sunrise! Magnificent!
What a view!From every bedroom and living areas!
Put your feet in the sand,  a drink in your hand , and find paradise!
Downstairs dining and living space with a beach home flair!
PatioTableView - The beach is at your doorstep
Upstairs kitchen area
Downstairs kitchen fully! fully! equipted!
Comfortable dining with a great ocean view
Front of The Nutty Mermaid
Boat at mooring, view from patio
DOWN LIVING ROOM with excellent view of the sea!!
UPSTAIRS BEDROOM -The Nutty Mermaid Penthouse , if you rent get first dibs on this one!!
Living room - put on the music and kick back!
Relax in a chair then get ready to snorkel!!
My home in Abaco, most guest come back and call it their beachhome without the work, just play!!
Tranquility and beauty-what a great place to be,my homeis your home! Enjoy the moment!!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

McLean, Virginia
“Wonderful escape home”
Reviewed 12 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

We spent a beautiful week at the Nutty Mermaid. The house is extremely clean and comfortable with two bedrooms on one level and a third suite located up a spiral staircase located in the front of the house. We saw 2 other people on the beach during the week we were there. There is great snorkeling in front of the house and tremendous snorkeling on this and nearby islands. Michelle, the owner, is a gracious and incredibly helpful host, especially when we left an important bag behind after we had left. There are excellent restaurants on the island (think: conch prepared in a myriad of ways) and one stop light. It is truly an escape from our regular lives.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Jul 2012
My home is on Abaco, which is a family island that is safest place I have ever been with very honest people. I am so happy their bag got shipped to them immediately and everything was more than they expected. I love the privacy but a 10 minute drive and you have everything you need. Kind thoughts to all and as always
"Think sand between your toes!"
Michelle
Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
7 May 2012
Thanks James and Dee,
I loved the review! It is so important when I vacation to find tranquility and privacy with a safe and clean home. That is how I hope my guests find my home, Abaco Abound-The Nutty Mermaid,... and you did. Thanks again, hope to see you and your family back again soon.
Think sand between your toes! Michelle
NY
Reviewed 17 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

kasota minnesota
Reviewed 1 August 2011 for a stay in February 2011

1 Aug 2011
Can't wait to share again with your family and you!
Make it a wonderful day and "Think sand between your toes!" Michelle
MN
Reviewed 5 June 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
5 Jun 2011
It makes me so happy when guests want to come back to The Nutty Mermaid. It is such a great place to reunite with your friends, family and loved ones. There are lots of fun things to do and explore. I try to have plenty of equipment right at the house for your use. The kayak was a new addition this year and has been a great hit. : )
"Think sand between your toes!" Michelle
Maine
Reviewed 5 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
SD
Reviewed 2 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

2 Apr 2011
I am so happy when guests enjoy my home like I do. The privacy and beauty are what I like so much. The house has lots of recreation equipment, kayak, sailboat ,snorkel, fins and fishing equipment that you can hang out and have such a great time with your group.
Restaurants are very expensive in the Bahamas so having a fully equipped kitchen helps on the savings then when you eat on the patio with your private beach view it truly is magnificent and magical!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$300
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing